Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2005 2.5xt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All -
From lurker to member. Just acquired a 2005 FXT (AT :-|) but what can you do?

Wife's daily driver is a '04 H6 LL Bean (my first brand new car ever), now happliy accompanied by the FXT. A Scoob household to the bone.

Heading out to Mach V in Sterling VA tomorrow for a physical (rubber gloves, but no lube), new shoes (wheels and tires) and possibly some other things, depending on what the checkup shows.

Glad to be here, already learned a ton of stuff in the past week just on the forums.

Later

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, Glad to see you spending your time wisely. I think you'll find a lot of FXT owners are quite happy with their AT's even with lot's more mods. Don't forget to add some pics of the Subies when you get a chance.

Cheers

·
Registered
2005 2.5xt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checkup Complete - All tests came back negative!

I can move forward with mods.

18" Rota Torques with 225/45 shoes.
Whiteline 22mm adjustable rear sway bar
Swift springs
Turbo XS turbo back with TurboXS axle back exhaust, 3" all the way (no neck down)
Cobb AP.

Should be fun!

·
Registered
2005 2.5xt
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SF, nice!

I grew up in the foothills of the Santa Cruz mountains, Saratoga. Over the hill from Santa Cruz. Lived in SC for a few years, then down in Morro bay/San Luis Obispo, then moved to NoVA in '99.

·
Premium Member
98 GM67 + 03 SG
357 Posts
Mach V, Andrewtech, IAG and I think maybe a few other shops are around this area. You've got a good bunch of knowledge and skill to pull from.

Find the CDC Autocross group that provides a cheaper alternative to auto-x'ing than the Capitol Driving SCCA group. And head out to Summit Point in WV for track days or just to watch some locals tear it up.

Welcome to the area!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts