Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mods, would you move this to lighting and electrical? Didn't realize I put it in the wrong place.
Thanks.

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
Hmm I might have to look into those. I had a small set of lights i got at walmart in my grill for a while, but they didn't really provide any light on the road, the beam was just too imprecise, it was like just having bare lightbulbs in the grill! Also the reflector in one of them started to rust and all of the hardware completely rusted within a matter of weeks. I picked these out as they were the only ones short enough to somewhat fit in the grill, but the brackets required the grill to be modified to fit.

·
Registered
04 Forester X, MT
1,039 Posts
thx for the pix!

I was thinking of doing something similar. these dual beam headlights look like the bomb if they are good quality and will last!

I was thinking of mounting to brackets attached to bumper or body inside the grill so the light would go through the lowest openings on each side. i haven't tried measuring to see if i think they will fit, but they are larger than the ones in your pic.

Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pics - I plan on putting them as high as possible in the grill for off roading. I picked up a set of the Northern Tools lights - for $12 why not?

Preliminary fit check shows they should fit between the horizontal members of the grill, but the 'hidden' vertical parts may need to be trimmed if I want them to be flush mounted.

As for the rust, I'll probably re-silicone all the seals to make sure it stays dry in there.

When I get the time to tinker I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Three mounting locations - not sure which I want to do yet.

Top Of Grill

Bottom Of Grill

Under Cross Beam

Better shot of under cross beam

Opinions?

Larger photos can be found here.

·
Registered
2003 Forester X
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thx for the pix!

I was thinking of doing something similar. these dual beam headlights look like the bomb if they are good quality and will last!

I was thinking of mounting to brackets attached to bumper or body inside the grill so the light would go through the lowest openings on each side. i haven't tried measuring to see if i think they will fit, but they are larger than the ones in your pic.

Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product
Those are some nice lights... but I am one cheap [email protected] and don't really require driving lights.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts