Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tentatively set the date to July 24 because it seems to work for most of you guys...

Hopefully our 16 y.o. nephew will be there too... he just got his learner's permit and is shopping for his first car. Roo and I are pushing him in the direction of a Subie, of course. He'll need to learn his way around the engine bay, how to do basic maintenance, and, most of all, be swayed by the awesomeness of our Fozzies. :biggrin: Plus, I want to make my watermelon gazpacho again!

Chime in if you're interested. If you have something to install, please list what it is.

Location: Sebastopol, CA (pm me if you've never been to one of these before and I'll give you directions on how to get here)
Start time: 10am
-Bring some food, snacks, or drinks to share
-If you have your own tools, please bring them (we have airtools for the tougher jobs)
-If you're performing any maintenance that involves changing fluids, please bring your own container to take away and recycle old fluids afterwards

Here's a list of what we could use for the meet, if any of you would be so kind to bring some:
  • bottled water
  • sodas
  • ice
  • beer
  • some side dishes would be great - baked beans, salads, cheese, fruit, cookies, chips & dip
Tentative list of attendees:

SKSTI
purpletrees
stan_t (STI steering rack)
wrex002 (JDM hazard, STI rear diffuser)
gdawrx
illmannered
2point5awd (springs on Foz; struts/shocks on Mazda 3)
boxerfxt
ganama

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
<--- Any weekend of July should be a go.

Hopefully lickwid could attend, so I can finally pay him for the filter & switch the old one out.

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah, I still need to install my filter, too!

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
658 Posts
The only weekend that would probably work for me is the July 10th weekend (the lady will be away for her bachelorette party). Every weekend after that I will be unavailable or out of town.

Either way, I can just hand it to someone to give to you and you could pay me whenever.

Possible things to do for me: SS lines, SPT Turbo Heatshield, clear out ambers in headlight.

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So it sounds like maybe we should shoot for the 10th or 11th? Any preferences whether Saturday or Sunday would be better?

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
658 Posts
Either day works for me, but Saturday would be better. More time to hang out and not have to worry about going home early for work.

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,262 Posts
Sat is fine as well. Since it doesn't look like we'll be too busy, you guys thinking about going for a quick spin as well?

·
Premium Member
844 Posts
will be out of town the weekend of the 10th.... but i do still need to pay for the filter as well... saturdays work best for me.

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
658 Posts
I don't the 10th is set in stone. I just threw that date out there because it's the only weekend I'll be around except for possibly the 31st. It should be the weekend that the majority of people can make it.

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I just came to find out that the 10th is my father-in-law's birthday. We could do it later in the month... 23/24? It sounds like Saturdays generally work better for everyone.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
You mean 24/25? 23rd is Friday.

I'd be down for 24th unless something comes up.

Stan

·
Administrator
29,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, 24/25 is what I meant...

·
Registered
58 Posts
i am down!! lets set a date soon so i can call off work that day. i work at best buy so weekends need to be called off in advance. Cant wait to meet everyone!! where are the install days usually held at?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts