Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

just got a 99 forester L 5spd w/ 70k and love it. i got it hoping to get out of the tuning scene a bit(previous honda guy), but after seeing the cars here, thats gonna be hard! anyway, what are some good resources for parts etc for the forester specifically. not looking to do anything major right now, but the your rides ruined my plans!

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey there,
I know how you feel, my older rides were all hooked up and I get this one and I'm ready to get so much stuff for it.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Howday and welcome!

Well I'm not sure and can't say where your going right now or what your plans/budget are..

Cobb and Stromung makes an SF specific exhaust.. might be interesed

Borla makes some headers for the rs that should fit.. maybe bosal does too.. OBX makes headers/catback for the RS that "should" fit too..

Injen makes a CAI for the 98-99 impreza RS that should fit w/no problems..

thats just the beginning ;)

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for quick replys! i realllly have to keep myself from doing much now(moving out on my own for the first time in the spring). But, maybe suggest a good, reasonable exhaust/muffler, basic spring set, and intake? and any good sites to purchase from. thanks! i'll try to post some pics soon, she cleaned up good tonight, and im gonna gunmetal the stock wheels for the time being.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks senorsubie, those springs look tempting, how harsh is the ride w/ all other stock susp. parts if anyone knows?

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Welcome aboard. While my Forester is almost stock (Cobb AP), some of the folks here have some really sweet rides. And I think that they probably used the vendor/members found here: http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64

You've probably already checked out that section but I figured I may as well post it anyway in case you missed it. :wink:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
again, thanks to all for the info. just posted a pic of my weekends worth of work in the "red forester" thread.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
Those wheels look great!

Any points/ers to getting them look so nice?

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks senorsubie! im real happy with them. they look even better in good light, with the metallic, i can take a closer pic if you want. heres how i did it: use automotive primer after cleaning the rim with steel wool and a laquore thinner very well. then comes your first coat of your paint, i used Dupont Storm Grey. Youll probably want a second coat, and then use a clear coat for your final. Also, be sure to tape off those tires!(i didnt as im getting new ones this week). While I was at it, i hit the Calipers with a silver metallic to contrast the gunmetal, and used flat black spray paint in the wheels wells for depth(also clean those the same way). its a great 20$ mod.

edit* also did the center caps with that silver metallic for contrast

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
I'll have to give it a shot, My steel wheels are starting to rust around the lug nuts..

thanks!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow...really like those wheels! You got me thinking, I'm going to do my steels the same way for next winter. Thanks for the painting tips too.:)

·
The convert formely known as Lexusfreak
2003 XS
3,969 Posts
I suggest Tint & synthetic oil to start. :grin: Welcome to the club! :drive:

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thanks guys hope those tips help..its a good easy mod. im currently back to my original plan of not doing much of anything until i move out and get settled in a few months. i guess that some things are more important than *gasp!* our cars....in time!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts