Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Manual 5 speed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys
I'm a newcomer to turbos so I've been on the site reading for the last Month or so.
I want to add a little more power and I want to make sure my plan of action makes sense and is in the right order. The only thing I've done so far is to add the Cobb short ram intake. So the my current plan is

Accessport
Catted downpipe
Cat back exhaust

Suggestions or changes?

Guess this was too Noob a question to even merit a response. Well at least I didn't get flamed, guess if I want to feel more in the SOTP I'll drive my second vehicle
100_1172.jpg

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
1,322 Posts
Hi,
I'll throw in my .02. Get the AP, TBE upgrades and take the car to a a Cobb tuner and see what they can do for you. I'm a fan of 'vettes so this is NOT an attack on yours, but a good tune w/the XT should make you re-think your butt-dyno preference (unless your C4 isn't stock!).

There's an XT on here making over 250 ft-lbs @ the wheels on the stock TD04 - that's almost 300 @ the crank.

Then come back and see what's next if you're not satisfied.

BTW, I wouldn't launch the car or pretend the shift lever is attached to an STI 6-speed...or you might be $pending your mod $ on replacement part$. ;-(

GL,
TD

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 5MT
230 Posts
Drop the shorty air filter, it doesn't do anything but make noise easier to hear.
Don't believe me, go to YouTube and search for mighty mods air intake episode...

If you can't get to a tuning shop, look up an etune that will be better matched to your car instead of a generic Cobb map.
I'd recommend phattbotti over at nasioc.

I tend to spend 2/3 on engine and exhaust then remaining 1/3 slit between brakes (SS lines, STi brake booster/master cylinder), steering (STi rack, end links and bushings, rr sway bar) and then Botox bolts, swift springs and new shocks/top hats.

Then you can handle the new power and get the best handling too.

P

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Manual 5 speed
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
I'll throw in my .02. Get the AP, TBE upgrades and take the car to a a Cobb tuner and see what they can do for you. I'm a fan of 'vettes so this is NOT an attack on yours, but a good tune w/the XT should make you re-think your butt-dyno preference (unless your C4 isn't stock!).

Its not:biggrin: I can't leave anything stock

There's an XT on here making over 250 ft-lbs @ the wheels on the stock TD04 - that's almost 300 @ the crank.

one reason the butt meter loves the vette is the torque, it was 285 ft-lbs stock

GL,
TD
Thanks for your comments I can see there's a lot of potential in the XT and I hope to tap into that

·
Registered
2011 SH S-Edition 5EAT
202 Posts
Get a rear sway bar and HD end links and mounts!!!!!!
Any extra power is totally wasted if your vehicle can't go around a corner...

That's just me though...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts