Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I did it! I got my 2010 Forester XT yesterday! I absolutely love it and I'm really glad there's such a good online community here.

I was formally a Honda owner. I had a 1997 CRV that still ran good, but was just really old and it was always very tired. I did a lot of research before deciding on what to buy and when Subaru redesigned the Forester I couldn't stop thinking about it. Subaru's aren't very popular in my area. I live in Northwest Illinois in what's known at the Quad Cities that we share with Iowa right across the Mississippi River. I guess there's just more Honda and Toyota dealers here and only 1 Subaru dealer in the area which could explain why everyone here seems to have a CRV, RAV4, or Ford Escape.

I'm looking forward to many great years with my Forester and all of you!

Now I can update my profile!

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Awesome :woohoo: Welcome to the group ..

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,489 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,390 Posts
Welcome. The CRV is a very solid vehicle. But the Forester owns it in terms of handling and traction.

·
2010 Forester XT 4EAT
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! I'll post some pics in the color coded (black) section as soon as I can. It's still bad weather here and it's dirty already! Hopefully next weekend it'll be nicer.

Yeah, the CRV was great and served me well, but it was just a vehicle for basic transportation. I am not a big fan of Honda anymore for other reasons and I totally dislike the looks of the new CRV.

Like one of the other noobs here from Chicago said, the Forester puts a smile on my face every time I drive it! In fact, for the first time ever, I couldn't even wait to go to work today!

·
Registered
2010 FXT
42 Posts
Welcome from another noob today. I came from another Honda as well, a '95 Accord Wagon and I know what you mean.
The Forester is everywhere around my area(NYC/LI).. though I do not see much XT's at all...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts