Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 5 speed
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just did my second AutoX ever, it's quite a lot of fun. It's definately much harder to stay smooth and quick. The run usually starts off well, but the adrenaline keeps pushing on gas too much. I am quite impressed the way the Forester handles and accelerates, definately a loose nut behind the wheel :new_multi: Car is pretty much stock except for some Whiteline 22mm swaybars

This was out in a big parking lot in Saskatoon.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,869 Posts
Nice! Any more plans for upgrades. Tires and an agressive alignment will help a ton, along with practice. I'm new to the scene also and love every minute of it.

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
The front passenger tire looks like it is going to rip right off, the bead is screaming for mercy. Great picture though and practice makes perfect, talk to every one you can and take every one's advice.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
nice pic, you sure are over driving the car there! welcome to the wonderful addiction that is auto-x. youll have so much more fun as you acquire more seat time!

·
Registered
10 XT 4EAT
893 Posts
and for comparison, here are a couple front on shots of my bone stock 2010xt and his coming into the same corner, and one of a PT Cruiser for effect.

img6433z.jpg img6482g.jpg img6479sv.jpg

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT Sports 5 speed
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
It was a super tight course the first one of the year, the FOZ barely fit through some of the cones (latest run was much more open). The picture was the final corner so I wasn't messing my setup for upcoming corners. I wanted to try it with 30psi stock air pressures, to see the handling characteristics of a street setup. Next time I will be upping to 40psi to cut down on sidewall flex.

Future mods, install rear lockdown bolts. Sticking with stock springs, I offroad during the winter.

Biggest mod is that I will learn how to drive, got waxed by a 4 door sunfire LOL !!

Mike nice driving that stock FXT, you looked nice and smooth through the course. I definately have to learn to back off in certain places, and go faster in others.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
Clint-
I'm suprised that they let you run with 30 psi!
-Quick

It was a super tight course the first one of the year, the FOZ barely fit through some of the cones (latest run was much more open). The picture was the final corner so I wasn't messing my setup for upcoming corners. I wanted to try it with 30psi stock air pressures, to see the handling characteristics of a street setup. Next time I will be upping to 40psi to cut down on sidewall flex.

Future mods, install rear lockdown bolts. Sticking with stock springs, I offroad during the winter.

Biggest mod is that I will learn how to drive, got waxed by a 4 door sunfire LOL !!

Mike nice driving that stock FXT, you looked nice and smooth through the course. I definately have to learn to back off in certain places, and go faster in others.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts