Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2004 2.0 XT LL Bean
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a very annoying problem. Every time I pass 80 km/h I get a sound line the window is a bit open from the driver’s door near the rear view mirror.

Does anyone have a clue on what could be happening?

·
Registered
03X MT
846 Posts
do a search on gusset. there is a detailed fix using clamps to compress the gusset. Worked great for me and many others.

·
Registered
2004 2.0 XT LL Bean
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i did both tricks, I inserted the tubing and i clamped the gusset (with my fingers) and it seems to be quiet now. I haven't tried it in high speed though.

Great tip thanks

·
Registered
2008 LL Bean (4EAT)
4,901 Posts
me too, crappy seals
This is a common complaint for older Foresters.

The seals are OK, but the design of the window requires that the track inside the door and the gusset hold the glass tightly against the seal. But people open and close the door by pushing on the upper corner of the frameless glass, which exerts a lot of leverage on the track and gusset. Over time, they no longer hold the glass tight against the seal.

Remedies are to pinch the gusset and stuff plastic tubing into the seal. Also to remove the interior gusset cover and close up a hole to the mirror.

I have avoided touching the glass when opening and closing the doors, and my 2008 is quiet as new.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts