Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, a n00bish brake question here. I put (well, had a local member of the mnsubaru club put them on for me/show me how) the Carbotech Bobcat brake pads on my car, and they have been just fine. But since I got back from this last ice race they're squealing like you wouldn't believe. I get four different tones.

What can I do to make this stop????

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Unforunately I'm just myself learning that the bobcats seem to make a lot of noise in many installs. Have you tried using this?

http://www.autobarn.net/ch05016.html

techy101 said:
Hey all, a n00bish brake question here. I put (well, had a local member of the mnsubaru club put them on for me/show me how) the Carbotech Bobcat brake pads on my car, and they have been just fine. But since I got back from this last ice race they're squealing like you wouldn't believe. I get four different tones.

What can I do to make this stop????

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
I installed the Carbotec Bobcat pads on my Forester yesterday, I used the exact same stuff as in that link (I have not gotten around to editing the pics yet) Did you use any backing shims? My 4-pot pads came with a vented shim that goes on first, and then a solid shim. So far, only one day, everything is quiet. Time will tell though.

·
K.I.T.T. meet A.L.I.C.E.
2008 Forester XT 4EAT
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I used the shims from the stock pads, as the carbotech's didn't come with their own. Everything was quite up until this past weekend and packing them full of snow at the ice race.

I'll head to the autoparts store and see if I can find that, or something similar for my pads.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,054 Posts
I normally use the blue goo from Permatex. I had two pouches in the package still, when I opened it up the stuff was hard as a rock :( I like the CRC stuff better, it's red :wiggle:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts