Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check this:

when making a 90 degrees right turn .......a noise is heard from the right end of the vehicle .

The turn must be approx. 90 degrees......any slight right turn and there is no noise :shock:

Thru trial and error , I spray WD40 on the springs of the right front shocks/ dampers and this sometimes helps with the noise.

Sometimes , I feel the noise is coming from the velocity joint because it is NOT a "clunking" noise .............it's more like a "grating" sound :?

any input?

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
Are you turned to the full lock and can't turn the wheel anymore and are you moving? If that's the case it could be the suspension rubbing on the stop. When you turn the wheels all the way there is a metal stop on the car that the suspension hits and rubs against to prevent it from going any further. If those are in contact and the suspension goes up and down it can make a noise like you describe. A little white lithium grease in that spot could help. Look under there to see where the stop is. If it's shiny that could be the problem.

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
No both sides do.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok .........

the grating noise can sometimes be heard between a 45 degree to 60 degree turns to the right only :?

When I use the WD40 on the springs ...........noise stops :shock:

could it be that the bottom of the springs are rubbing on the cup / saucer and causing this noise?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think that's the noise Peaty............. the noise that I hear occurs with a right turn ONLY :shock:

i have a strong feeling it's about the previous link you posted :)

I have a JDM 1999 st/b type A 8)

·
Registered
2004 FXT
830 Posts
I had this noise after I installed my Tein H-tech springs... same situation... only when turning right, sort of like a clunking sound... I checked all my suspension... I think this is it too... where can I get this rubber damper material ?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts