Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2010 forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 Brand new Foresters 2010. When in reverse and then going forward after about 20 ft there is this noise that comes from the back rear,passenger side. It sounds like a locking noise. Like when you lock the doors. We've got out and checked the trunk even to see if that was it. My hub says it only happens on his car when it is cold. Two new cars with this same sound. Dealer said to bring in in the morning, would like to have some info prior. Also, subaru mechanic was asked and really did not know. Any suggestions? Thanks, Happy Easter.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5x Tour
100 Posts
Ok, at the risk of suffering fury, check to make sure the middle seat belt shoulder restraint is properly secured in the roof. I had a very similar noise PLAGUING my vehicle for two months after I was rear ended and it took 3 visits to the body shop before they found the noise - apparently the latch was rattling against something in the roof mount.

To me, it sounded EXACTLY like it was coming from JUST in front of the lift gate on the passenger side.

·
Registered
2010 Subaru Forester
1 Posts
My 2010 2.5X Limited does the exact same thing everyday when I back out of my driveway and then head forward up my street. I thought I read that this was PZEV-related. I'm very interested to hear if your dealer says otherwise.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts