Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Forester Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya,
We have a noise coming from the auto transmission of our 97 forester turbo, mainly when changing from 2nd-3rd I think, and also when we're doing about 100km in top gear. Pretty sure its coming from the gear box. Tansmission oil looks good, added an additive but still got whirring noise. Any ideas??? :Banane37:

·
Registered
2003 Forester XS
14 Posts
i get a whirring/squeaking noise when accelerating, is it like that? It only happens when accelerating and happens in all gears.

·
Registered
1997 Forester Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that. It doesnt seem to be related to acceleration or revs. It seems to be when the car changes gear, and like its trying to find another half gear when going at the highway speeds. Do you think it could be a bearing in the gearbox? there seems to be no hesitation or anything when changing gears, just the noise. Its got me compeltely stumped. Cross fingers this doesnt mean getting a new transmission!

·
Registered
1997 Forester Turbo
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i get a whirring/squeaking noise when accelerating, is it like that? It only happens when accelerating and happens in all gears.
Just found out it was the factory blow off valve or the turbo valve - not the transmission at all - noise best described as a "chewbacca" mooing sound.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts