Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester XT Rinspeed manual 5 speed
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, i have another question!

Over at romraider someone said i should clean my restrictor pill because this could also be a problem with my wavelike acceleration i mentioned in another post here!

Now i checked all the lines/hoses that are connected to the t piece (turbo housing, wastegate) and there is no line with a yellow dot or a restrictor pill...(i squeezed every line to feel if there is a pill inside)

Could it be that i have no pill? Should i have one? Can i buy and fit a pill in the hose where it should be?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
If you are still running a 2 port boost solenoid (I don't think you confirmed one way or the other in your other thread) then your "plumbing" should be like this with a "pill" in line 1

If you have gone to a 3 port boost solenoid you may not have one but by retaining it it can help with what you are suffering.

A good read..........

CobbTuning.com - How Subaru’s Factory Boost Control System Works

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Assuming you have a standard 2 port boost control solenoid then yes, you should have a restrictor pill... it's needed to help keep boost so could well be the cause of your problem if there isn't one.

Without it, the boost control solenoid will struggle to bleed off enough pressure to prevent the wastegate from opening. It should be in the pipe at the turbo outlet (before the T piece that goes to the BCS / wastegate actuator.

Not sure where to get one... Subaru I guess????

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
^ What Don said ;o)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i saw your picture in another thread and it helped me finding out where this thing is ;) but there is no pill inside!

Can i buy such a restrictor pill incl. the pipe it´s in? Maybe directly from subaru?

Thanks guys i think thats the problem i have!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks don!

Your knowledge is superior ;)

I´ll try to get one tomorrow and check if that helps with my problem! Shouldn´t be to expensive :)

I´ll post the outcome here!

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,896 Posts
Don you are a constant fountain of knowledge>>>:biggrin:

Regards

AM
:biggrin: It's all out there to be found (if you have the time)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes maybe :) but with such an eminent authority here on this forum i thought i should ask here before i spend several hours searching google ;)

let me say it again!

YOUR KNOWLEDGE IS IMBA ;)

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi!

Just installed the restrictor pill! Unfortunately there is no improvement in my boost issue :(

So now i´ll buy a 3port boost selenoid from grimmspeed! ~2 dollars wasted on the pill... but it was worth the try ;)

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
5,242 Posts
Have you tried connecting the turbo outlet directly to the wastegate actuator? The will eliminate the BCS as the wastegate will open at actuator spring pressure only (about 0.4bar). if you're still having the same problem then it's not BCS related

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi gipsy!

You mean Line 1 and line 2 directly? From the housing to the wastegate?

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Remove lines 1, 2 and 3 and add a new line from the compressor outlet direct to the actuator, which you could do by removing line 3 at the T-piece and capping/blocking the open pipes.

Simon

1 - 14 of 14 Posts