Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was sitting in the car (2017) outside Costco for about 2 hours waiting for my wife. When she arrived I turned the key to start the car and nothing. Had rolled down all the windows while waiting. Other than that I didn’t use anything. Thought maybe the battery was dead so bought a new one and put in. Head lights come on and emergency flashers work. Other than that no power at all. Windows dead and not even a click when trying to start. Had the car towed home.
Anyone know if there is a main power fuse that would effect the power to the car?
Or anyone have any ideas for me?

·
Registered
2017 Forester XT Touring CVT
236 Posts
Did you pull out your meter and test for 12 V on both sides of the main fuse?

pull the leads off the battery and check for continuity through the fuse. report back your results.

seems off that the fuse blew never actually have seen that. also check for continuity through the ignition fuse and starter fuse.

Open hood look on drivers side there are two black boxes. pop off the cover to the plastic black boxes. use a flash light to read the map that is printed under the covers you have removed. that will tell you location of Ign fuse and Starter fuse and main fuse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts