Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester sti
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logged on Saturday morning 8.30 no broadband,checked the phone line dead
Rang sky did a few checks said the fault was close by.

Found out not from sky but the phone cables have been nicked from underground and weighed in for scrap.:icon_mad:

I'm still without it now. Do you think i should be compensated??? 3 days now.

I'm logged on with my phone through the laptop (using the phones modem)

·
Registered
SH10 2.5X Premium 4EAT
260 Posts
maybe get a prorated bill for the month?

....but tell them first that ur not happy and u actually have a business that depends on internet and phonelines working. so right now, ur losing business and that is unacceptable. ask them not to bill u this month or else u would get these services somewhere else. :D

who knows? it just might work! :p if the first person isnt much of a help, tell him/her that u want to talk to someone who could, a supervisor or manager. be firm and show disgust to their service or lack thereof. lol!

but at the least, u shld get a prorated billing for this month since their service was/is down for a period of time. :)

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
You should be entitled to some form of compensation or at least your should get a deduction from your monthly bill. However, getting it may be an issue as Sky will blame BT etc etc so it might be a long process.

I would at least see if they can suspend your bill (not service as you'll need that to test the line) whilst they find some more cable and wire it up again.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
Who actually provides you lines (not the broadband)...BT...?

I think you'll be very luck to get any compensation for something out of their control matey, unless you've got some sort of separate contract that specifically covers that clause.

PITA tho....

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
ditto what northdowns said. This is one of the problems with the Broadband situation in this country. Nobody admits fault or liability because your provider dont have their own lines, they use BT's and BT wont admit fault because your not using them. And if you do manage to get some joy with BT they will then usually blame the cabling in your house which they will charge extortionate amounts for to check.

Personally I wouldnt touch BT unless I had no choice, I deal with them day in day out for customers and even the business side support is truly shocking. And dont get me started on Sky, there not much better.

As the cable has been stolen I would say the likelyhood of you getting new cable before the end of the month is slim to middling. and if your in a remote location, nil!

·
Registered
2000 forester turbo
149 Posts
i work for bt as long as you pay bt line rent then call them they will transfer you land line to your mobile foc but there will be a charge for incoming calls but you will get comp for your line being out of order. give them a ring

1 - 6 of 6 Posts