Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Until recently, the factory stereo system in my '01 Forester worked fine. Then I began losing sound for no obvious reason. It would come back at random intervals. Now I get no sound at all. Other than that, everything appears to be working properly - display lights up, radio displays station, CD changer displays active disc, track and time progression, volume indicator adjusts with the knob - just no sound.

Any ideas what to look for?

Thanks,

·
Registered
37 Posts
I know its been several months, but did you find a solution to your sound system? I'm having the identical problem and suspect a shorted wire. I'm in the process of hunting for it and wonder how your situation turned out.

·
Registered
1999 Forester L
3 Posts
Hey guys, I've been having the same problem as well but i only have sound lost on the passenger side of my 99 forester. I had taken the speaker out one day for the heck of it and there was water inside my door. I think that is the root of my problem, maybe yours also. Hope it helps.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
If your sound is cutting in and out in all speakers, than I would guess that the amp within the stereo has gone bad. I do not know if the plugs are the same, but I have a factory radio with added cd player from a 92 svx. Worked good when I drove it home. If you're interested, let me know.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts