Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok i never liked the rear factory composite plastic wiper arm, cause had to use factory refill wiper. Ive been oogling at the 2003 rear wiper arm since. Ok enough of the TEXT
PN#86532SA060 Plug for Roo for the part

sorry no pics of before i installed the wiper arm
but i have this before pic with stock composite plastic rear wiper arm
before

after

Some measurement pics

the wiper i used

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Tacoma DCSB Auto
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PM one of our subi parts vendors cause ive had the arm for a while just havent posted cause its just been sittin on the toolbox or it hasnt been raining

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
1,015 Posts
That's cool. Too bad I just replaced the blade two weeks ago.

I'm getting tired of these "Subaru Dealer Only" parts.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
365 Posts
Nice mod. I think Subaru changed the wiper arm from metal to plastic on the newer models to avoid having rust problems in addition to forcing you to buy their blade. Most wagons that I see around here that have the metal wiper arms start chipping and rusting after a while. It might just be the toxic environment of Buffalo where the roads are salted everyday of the winter. If you live in an area where they don't salt the roads this might be a better option as you can now buy a refill anywhere.

·
'03 XS MT PSM
2015 Ford Focus ST
2,386 Posts
Thanks for taht part number. I need to replace my rear wiper arm. Not sure what happened but it only wipes half the rear window now. It's like the spring stretched and now it doesn't press teh blade down on the glass hard enough.

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,594 Posts
Thanks for taht part number. I need to replace my rear wiper arm. Not sure what happened but it only wipes half the rear window now. It's like the spring stretched and now it doesn't press teh blade down on the glass hard enough.
That's funny, I have that problem too on my car. I changed the wiper itself thou as I thought the rubber on the old one was the problem. But I still have the problem and it's noisy too. If it's not very very wet that is.

·
Registered
07 FXT sport
1,743 Posts
Is this still the perfered method for being able to use replacable blades for the rear wiper??

My rear wiper rubber is peeling, and I'd perfer a solution that I could pick what type of refill i'd like.

Any of the more current impreza's have a rear wiper assembly that we can use?

Thanks in advance.

dm

·
Premium Member
2015 XC diesel CVT
4,098 Posts
I've put normal plastic-spined refills into Valeo plastic rear wipers with no problems. Has anyone tried this on the Subaru rear?

·
Registered
2005 XT
942 Posts
You can tell from the Ops pics you can use your own blades. He replaced his with a Bosch wiper which I believe is 17 inch? You can also tell by the pic where the arm attaches to the wiper. Looks like that typical hook shape to hold the plastic adapter for the wiper. I'm doing this mod as well and going to measure to make sure. Odd on tire rack for an 03 I don't see rear wiper options? Anyone confirm it's 17 inch blades?

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,325 Posts
Score,I am glad this thread popped back up.I will be ordering 2 on Tuesday!

joe r

1 - 20 of 61 Posts