Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
admin
2019 Outback 3.6R ..... 98 Forester S - Atl, GA
6,728 Posts
We have decided to give the rep feature a rest for a little while.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,700 Posts
This was expected. It is too bad the REP process wasn't allowed to run its course to end at 11 REP blobs. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Super Moderator
35,700 Posts
I'll miss being able to reward a poster for a job well done, as I'll miss receiving REP with a nice comment for help that I provided. :frown:

Bobby...

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
I'll miss being able to reward a poster for a job well done, as I'll miss receiving REP with a nice comment for help that I provided. :frown:

Bobby...
If you only knew some of the reasons people were passing "rep points" out...

...oh, perhaps you would know. The other alternative was to simply remove all your rep points, and leave you all at a -11 bars, and let you guys try to dig yourselves out.

Honestly, it pains me that this turned into a toy for a small clique of people, rather than the honest way of evaluating those who help out the community. It saddens me to take this away, but some members were treating it like a toy...

...if you need names named, simply refer to the other thread.

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,733 Posts
I agree with its removal. For a couple weeks maybe three years ago, I had maxed out Rep points. I didn't know how the system worked so when I gave out Rep to a couple people, they were instantly turned into 'fonts of knowledge' even though one of them had all of 5 posts at the time. So yeah, put me with Roo on this one.

I'd like to see a continuation of the ability to leave comments, without accumulation of points. It's nice to let someone know their posts have helped you out, without requiring a PM to do so and without cluttering up a thread.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Just when I started to become wealthy in rep points. Oh well!
I would like to thank the academy and my parents for their support and everyone who gave me rep points. Thanks, I couldn't have done it without you.

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,101 Posts
I'd like to see a continuation of the ability to leave comments, without accumulation of points. It's nice to let someone know their posts have helped you out, without requiring a PM to do so and without cluttering up a thread.
This is a great idea, and I'd love seeing something like this. No points, just positive or negative feedback without cluttering up our PM inbox or threads.

·
Super Moderator
35,700 Posts
IMO, the REP option, without the accumulating green blobs or points would be a nice option. I've always thought the green blob progression & points were kinda funky anyway. If this is possible, a thank you with a note could be left quickly, without cluttering up the thread or our PM Inbox. :smile:

Bobby...

·
Ol' Timer
2006 WRX Spec-C 6MT
6,091 Posts
You can always leave it on and only allow Mods to give them out. This way we still know who helps out and we don't have to worry about misuse.
Just a suggestion.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Perhaps, this is a thread/poll that should be started be a mod/admin if they want our opinion.

I think we will continue to spin our wheels on this thread. The decision to can the dots/blobs was made (right or wrong). If this forum wants our opinion it would be very cool if they asked.

just my .02

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.