Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was installing a few blue LED's to try to make my 02 Forester's bland nighttime interior look a tad bit better. At first I had one strip installed over my gauges and it looked sick. So I got a few more and I was installing them into my console around my stereo. (I was wiring them all in parallel to the backlights for my gauges, so they could be dimmed along with all the other interior lights) After I got them in I plugged the three green serial connections back into the gauge cluster and when I turned the lights on... nothing happened. Until smoke started coming from the back of my gauge cluster. Immediately i shut the car off and took everything out and plugged everything back in without the auxiliary lighting. When I turned it on none of my gauge backlights worked and the alternator and break lights are stuck on. I have checked all fuses nothing is blown. Ideas?

·
Registered
2002 Forester L
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump.

Any suggestions are welcome. I can post pics when I'm done, it looks pretty cool. But I can't exactly drive anytime it is dark right now.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts