Status
Not open for further replies.
201 - 220 of 247 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #202
Bumping this back up - brackets are currently in stock. First post has been updated with availability, fitment and shipping info!

·
Registered
2016 FXT Premium CVT
405 Posts
PM sent.

Anyone have a picture of a SJ front bumper so I can see what holes this mounts to and what holes the dealer will drill. I want to make sure they do not drill into my bumper.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #204
Anyone have a picture of a SJ front bumper so I can see what holes this mounts to and what holes the dealer will drill. I want to make sure they do not drill into my bumper.
Not my own picture, but this one shows the round holes that are molded into the bumper cover and are used to mount the bracket.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Seeing as the 2016's are arriving on the dealer lots now, I've added a little tip to the first post in this thread on how to best keep your front bumper unmolested by dealership staff. :wink:

Important information if you are waiting to take delivery of a brand-new Forester and want the front bumper to remain undrilled: Attaching a front license plate or dealer advertising plate is part of Subaru's pre-delivery inspection (PDI). As mentioned above, this is done by drilling sheet metal screws directly into your front bumper cover (Subaru provides a couple of dimples in between the existing holes that show where to drill for North American plates). Communicate your wish to keep the bumper intact to your salesperson early on - get it in writing when the sales contract is drawn up, if possible. Don't be afraid to remind them of your request as the arrival date of your car approaches! The PDI is performed by service and detailing staff - that means your salesperson should be responsible for letting them know that drilling to mount a front plate is a no-no. It's a good idea to have the salesperson attach a piece of tape in the middle of the front bumper that clearly reads "NO DRILL" as soon as the car comes off the delivery truck to avoid any and all confusion during the PDI process.

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
I got my bracket a few days ago and painted it black. Thanks.
<Jim Morrison voice>I see a silver bracket and I want it painted black...</Jim Morrison>

Pretty easy, wasn't it? I suggested that as an option, but alas, with her OCD nature, it would take 5 coats with wet sanding between each coat, polished to an absolute perfect baked finish in a temperature/humidity controlled environment.

:wink2:

No, she wanted a certain look. Who am I to argue?

·
Registered
2016 XT Premium cvt
32 Posts
Thanks !!

i just picked up my 16 XT premium tonight , I had called my sales guy right after I received the bracket from you , told him if holes were drilled he'd have to replace the bumper cover . He honored my request , I installed it right there in their lot , the sales guys were impressed , I gave them your contact info . Teriffic product ! Thanks again !

·
Registered
2016 FXT Premium CVT
405 Posts
I finally installed mine yesterday. I did get some longer bolts to hold the plate because I used a plate cover. I like how the expansion nuts hold the bracket off the bumper also so nothing is rubbing the bumper.

·
Registered
1998 Subaru Forester
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
Currently out of inventory, so I'm closing this thread for the time being. Thank you all for your continued support! :smile:

·
Registered
2005 Batmobile FXT Auto for the traffic jams
292 Posts
Still available guys? Any advice on painting the tumbled version? Looking for a black option for a 2004 FXT.

Many thanks!

DAN

201 - 220 of 247 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.