Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2001 forester l
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have a 2001 Forester L. All the lights worked perfectly until I had an accident over a month ago and smashed the left front fender and turn signal lens cover. After the accident, the car wouldn't shift out of park. I had to take apart the front console and stick a screwdriver into the shift lock override button to get it into drive (and still do). On the way home, the check engine light came on for the first time. It was code p0703 (brake switch b circuit). Then someone told me that I had no brake lights or taillights.

I checked the fuses and found that the taillight fuse was bad, and after replacing it, I had taillights again, but still no brake lights. Then I bought a new brake light switch at o'reilly's ($50 with tax because I have cruise control). Still no brake lights. I also replaced the bulbs to make sure. My friend started doing some troubleshooting and said that the fuse and switch were not getting any power, but then he had to leave before he finished. Any ideas? I'd like to return the switch if I don't need it. My electrical skills are limited. Thank you.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,208 Posts
@oshun707 I see this is your first forum post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

The brake light... stop light system doesn't appear to be too complicated. Perhaps the wiring diagram below will help with your troubleshooting.

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Reactions: ILuvMySubaru2
1 - 2 of 2 Posts