Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT Premium AT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been a lurker for a couple years. I have a question for you all...would you be irritated if the dealer didn't include the 2nd key/fob in the purchase?

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
I would be. I would want a 2nd key fob and the valet with the car.
In the case of the missing key fob, I see it as an issue of having a set of keys out there than can unlock and start my car. When they program in the replacement key, they need all the keys. Which would then make the chips in the "missing" keys useless.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium AT
812 Posts
I had the dealership throw in a second key and fob when we bought our used 2011 13 months ago. They were quoting about $300 for the new key and fob. They did not hassle us about it at all. When I asked for the valet key, they were not hot on doing that at all.

·
Registered
2011 Forester XT Premium AT
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So the 2nd key/fob/valet key were located at an affiliated Ford dealership where the car came from. I purchased it from a nearby affiliated Subaru dealership, where they said they contacted the Ford location and the keys 'couldn't be located' and I had to purchase the second set if I wanted them. I contacted the Ford location directly and they found them right away. That doesn't give me the warm fuzzy about the Subaru location, but there are plenty other Subaru dealers in the area.

Lesson learned, next time make sure to have them include all keys in the deal! I'm lucky Ford had 'em, phew. Next time I will just go to where the dang car is too. :icon_eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.