Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2015 Highlander AWD XLE 6AT
4,255 Posts
We have an annual vehicle safety inspection program here in VA. I believe the fee is set by the State at $15. Personally, I like it. Even though I maintain my cars well, my local garage has over the years found a couple of items that I missed or, I'm sorry to say, failed to inspect myself.

Regards,
Jim / crewzer

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
I used to live in PA that had an annual inspection and emissions test. I now live in Maryland where all they have is an emissions test every 2 years. I must say that I miss living in PA. There are so many pieces of **** on the road here and I attribute most of it to the lack of an annual inspection (note: inspections are only done when registration changes).

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 4eat
4,581 Posts
In Alabama, they just walk around the car with a checklist that reads:

Has windshield

Has all 4 wheels

Has tires

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT Auto
218 Posts
There are way to many people less concerned with safety in PA & NJ to stop inspections.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,155 Posts
I now live in Maryland where all they have is an emissions test every 2 years. ... inspections are only done when registration.
What I heard when I moved to Maryland was that they didn't used to have ANY inspection. DC and Virginia did, and MD found itself becoming the dumping ground for cars that would fail DC or VA. That's why they instituted inspection as part of the titling process. As for emissions, I think the feds made them do it.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
I used to live in PA that had an annual inspection and emissions test. I now live in Maryland where all they have is an emissions test every 2 years. I must say that I miss living in PA. There are so many pieces of **** on the road here and I attribute most of it to the lack of an annual inspection (note: inspections are only done when registration changes).
I would have to agree, I love PA cars (I buy used). I especially like PA's stringent rust policy.

I was strolling around town and saw this in NY state....

And yes, that is a wrench in place of the car's trailing arm strapped on there with DUCT TAPE!

In Alabama, they just walk around the car with a checklist that reads:

Has windshield

Has all 4 wheels

Has tires
:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts