Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2017 Forester XT touring CVT
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone interested in a set of 18x7.5 Enkei RSV wheels. You can see them at www.edgeracing.com for $120 a piece. They are apparently running a sale until the end of the month but you can find all that on the site. I think they look very nice and I had been thinking of adding them to my collection. For $480 a set they can't be beat. Have a look.

·
Premium Member
2012 camry se 6AT
2,809 Posts
Good find! Yes Yes when you are stressed by wheels. :biggrin: I'm already on my fourth set.

·
Registered
'99 S-turbo
1,764 Posts
This is for anyone interested in a set of 18x7.5 Enkei RSV wheels. You can see them at www.edgeracing.com for $120 a piece. They are apparently running a sale until the end of the month but you can find all that on the site. I think they look very nice and I had been thinking of adding them to my collection. For $480 a set they can't be beat. Have a look.
Are these quality wheels? Multi fitment are a big no-no. Around the stud holes is a high stress area. Where you want meat ,there is more air. Probably half as strong as they could be...

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say they are top quality.
I seriously doubt the wheel structure would be compromised simply because it has more than five lug holes. In fact, I doubt a wheel maker such as Enkei would put their name on a wheel that could fail as a result of this. Besides, I feel that wheels like this are tested to see where their breaking point is. I have Konig wheels with multiple lug holes and I push my car fairly hard at times. I have yet to see any possible chance of failure. I would be concerned about this if the wheels were $50 each and had made in China stamped on the back.

·
Registered
2019 Ascent Touring CVT
1,349 Posts
I think the suspension/drivetrain will give before the wheel does.

·
Registered
110 Posts
It looks like the sale ended a day late (sale prices were still in effect Oct.1 - but are back up today, Oct 2nd).

They are a nice wheel but I see that the 17x7 wheel (yes, I am still mostly looking at 17"s) are an ET 42. I know that the general recommendation seems to be to stick to +/- 5mm on the offset, but I frequently see members exceeding that guideline (some by quite a lot). I realize that everything is relative, but how much of a risk does one take with a wide variance from offset spec (specifically using an under-offset and it's potential impact on the wheel bearings)?

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
FWIW, Enkei also makes the stock Forester XT alloys.
Enkei?

Hmm...I remember ogling those wheels when tuner wheels were first coming out for the import scene.

Quality? I'd trust them.

·
Premium Member
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now they are saying $120 until stock sells out. If I didn't already have 2 sets of 18's.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts