Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
MY05 Forester X
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what products do people use to keep that nice new forrie smell?

mine's coming up to a year old and i wanna keep the new car smell around (which is why anyone with fast food is automatically banned from gettin in :)

·
German tech
MY16 Audi S3 Sedan DSG 6 speed
3,563 Posts
Wish I could bottle mine.

The car is only two days old but that smell is starting to fade already :-(

A few bits of freshly made plastic from Dow might help ;-)

·
06 X Auto
2006 Auto Auto
976 Posts
Buy a bag of scrap foam and good leather. Hide them in the car and it will give the same smell.

I like the plastic idea too.

·
Registered
22 Posts
i believe i saw it on TV that the new car smell are chemicals that's applied to the interior. they find that the new car smell can cause cancer. now, car makers are cutting back the chemicals that make the new car smell.

·
#8 Post ho
1999 Subaru Forester
2,439 Posts
I thought that the "new car smell" was from the plastic being heated by the sun

·
Registered
192 Posts
my car still does smells it some days even after a year and a half. it never went away completely because i never really cleaned the interior.

·
Registered
2010 FXT Limited 4EAT Sport Shift
1,461 Posts
Probably the only other advantage (lower purchase price) to buying a used Subaru, is not being exposed to all the -enes produced by a long list of potentially harmful chemicals...akin to huffing.
-Quick

B

·
0 Posts
Seriously, keeping it clean is the best way. I had a Legacy for over 10 years, always kept it clean inside. Everybody always asked how I kept it smelling like a new car.

Febreze makes a spray for car interiors too. Not sure if it gives you the "new car" smell you're looking for but it's not bad.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts