Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a notice from NHTSA saying possible recall on my 2019 Forester. Put in my VIN and came up with zero incomplete recall repairs so maybe I lucked out. Anyone showing needing to get the PCV valve replaced/repaired?

Here’s the link I got:

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
422 Posts
Got a notice from NHTSA saying possible recall on my 2019 Forester. Put in my VIN and came up with zero incomplete recall repairs so maybe I lucked out. Anyone showing needing to get the PCV valve replaced/repaired?

Here’s the link I got:
Bought my 2019 Forester in October 2019. Checked the recall section on MySubaru.com and no recalls were shown. Then I checked on Subaru.com and the recall for the PCV displayed, with a notification date of 11/22/2019. Evidently, the 2 websites draw info from different sources...

·
Registered
2 Posts

Here’s the link I got:
Hi,

Thanks. Lucky me my 2019 Forester is listed in the recall. I called the dealer and they said the parts were not in yet but check back next month. He said we should be getting something in the mail. In the meantime I am taking my car in for its 12k checkup and he said they can see if it PCV is in good order.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT7
138 Posts
I got new PCV P# myself long ago , never installed as they looked same
now according to document 'The material used for PCV valve case was changed from aluminum to steel "
well no recall on mine (yet) and PCV valve case is magnetic ...

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
95 Posts
I made an appointment yesterday (12/13) for next week (12/18) for my 12,000 mile service and inquired about this recall. The service manager said they had not yet received instructions from corporate. The documents referenced in the NHTSA announcements did say that owners would be notified starting in January 2020. It looks like the process is just getting started. The NHTSA site doesn't even have the list of affected VIN's yet. I guess I'll just have to be patient for another month or so.

·
Registered
2015 Forester 2.5i Limited CVT
487 Posts
There’s no recall on the 2015 Forester but there is a new superseded part number, so I ordered one and will replace the pcv valve and inspect/clean the hose.

What’s strange is that the FSM states, “do not remove pcv valve unless broken or damaged “. The FSM also says to remove the intake manifold to replace the pcv??

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring CVT
59 Posts
I made an appointment yesterday (12/13) for next week (12/18) for my 12,000 mile service and inquired about this recall. The service manager said they had not yet received instructions from corporate. The documents referenced in the NHTSA announcements did say that owners would be notified starting in January 2020. It looks like the process is just getting started. The NHTSA site doesn't even have the list of affected VIN's yet. I guess I'll just have to be patient for another month or so.
On 12/12 I received an Email notice from NHTSA about the recall (I had signed up for notices), my VIN did show up on the site and is included in the recall. My dealer anticipates receiving the part on Monday, I have an appointment for Wednesday.

·
Registered
2018 SJ Forester 2.5i Ltd CVT
1,566 Posts
I got new PCV P# myself long ago , never installed as they looked same
now according to document 'The material used for PCV valve case was changed from aluminum to steel "
well no recall on mine (yet) and PCV valve case is magnetic ...
Not sure if the Forester pcv is the same as the Crosstrek pcv, but on the Crosstreks the bad pvc has a visible pink ring and the good pvc has a visible blue ring.

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport
10 Posts
On 12/12 I received an Email notice from NHTSA about the recall (I had signed up for notices), my VIN did show up on the site and is included in the recall. My dealer anticipates receiving the part on Monday, I have an appointment for Wednesday.
Let us know how long the repair job will take.
My car is affected but I need it for work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2019 Forester Touring
95 Posts
Had my PCV Recall done at the dealer yesterday, 30-45 minutes including a complementary car wash.
Where was this? I had mine in for the 12K service yesterday (12/18) and my dealer told me the recall wasn't starting until January.

·
Registered
'17 Impreza Hatchback CVT
784 Posts
Subaru has been replacing PCVs on the Imprezas for about a month now, along with an engine ECU reprogram. Brake hoses too (well, actually four).

1 - 18 of 18 Posts