Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any experience of Nexen CP641 tyres on here?
I understand they are considered a budget tyre and my local tyre dealer is doing them for £69 fully fitted.
I am using Falken ZE912's at the moment and don't really want to go any cheaper than those for safety reasons, the falkens are £70 plus postage plus fitting, all in all I will be saving £45 from having nexens fitted.
Andy

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
Alternatives around that money.

Federal SS595 (personal recommendation from me)

Hankook V12 Evo (had good writeups, love my RS2's, will probably go on the glof once I have shredded Tango's rubber)

Nankang NS2 (yes, really)

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, looks like I may try some federals or Nexens for a change..

·
Registered
25 Posts
Alternatives around that money.
Nankang NS2 (yes, really)
OK, put down the Vodka and step away from the PC !

Nangkangs....seriously ? You DO know their nickname doncha ? "Ditchfinders".

Agree on the SS595's though. Had 'em on the wife's old Saxo VTR and they were amazing for the price. Fantastic grip in the wet in something that weighed as much as a Coke can !

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
NS2's are surprisingly tractable. You see them a lot around my favourite bit of germany.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
Steve what size did you run

Im in the market for 4 tyres running Falkens at the mo, they were OK but fancy a change

I am on 225/50 17 did you go 225/45? Did it make any difference?

·
Premium Member
3,169 Posts
On the feds ?

225/50/17 . Could have lived with /45 as the sidewalls are a bit squashy.

·
Premium Member
98 JDM Stb Manual
3,788 Posts
mmmmm

decisions

I shall have a look at the feds, NS2 and hankooks

need to get the geometry and tracking sorted, best before or after having new tyres? or does it matter

·
Registered
05 2.0xt
147 Posts
mmmmm

decisions

I shall have a look at the feds, NS2 and hankooks

need to get the geometry and tracking sorted, best before or after having new tyres? or does it matter
If any of the tyres coming off have a particularly uneven wear pattern it may be worth having tracking or geometry looked at to prevent your new tyres from going the same way..

·
Registered
05 XT2.5
1,999 Posts
I had a couple of nankangs and they weren't bad but when I changed to Falkens they were a noticeable improvement. Although you always think that going to new from worn out.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Sooooo, thought i would bump a 10 year old thread.....

As this thread is already dedicated to Nexen tyres, thought i would ask if anyone here is running or has used their Winguard 2 or N 4 Blue season tyres? looking at getting some 17" all season tyres, and after having a heartattack at how much Crosslimate + and Vector 4 seasons cost, thought these Nexen might be worth a try

·
Registered
MY05 Forester 2.5 XT 5MT
2,208 Posts
Not touched either tyre you mentioned but cheaper alternatives to the CrossClimate might be:
Nokian WeatherProof - Old tyre so might be updated soon
Vredestein Quatrac Pro - This one I've used on a BMW 120i and a vast improvement on grip and comfort vs the Bridgestone Run Flat summers that came on it

I buy online from TyreLeader.co.uk : Cheap tyres online | Buy car tyres at the best prices in the Netherlands, delivered by DPD and get a local independent place to fit them - Usually a much cheaper option than using national chains

For the Nexens, there are reviews and tests here: Tyres by Brand - Tyre Tests and Reviews @ Tyre Reviews

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester XT Automatic
48 Posts
Sooooo, thought i would bump a 10 year old thread.....

As this thread is already dedicated to Nexen tyres, thought i would ask if anyone here is running or has used their Winguard 2 or N 4 Blue season tyres? looking at getting some 17" all season tyres, and after having a heartattack at how much Crosslimate + and Vector 4 seasons cost, thought these Nexen might be worth a try
I fitted Nexen Winguard Sport 2 215/55 R17 98V XL, 3PMSF to my wife’s Forester in December. I am very pleased with them. They are quieter and softer than her Summer Tyres (Falken I think). As they are a proper Winter tyre I run them with an extra 3 psi.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Forester XT Automatic
48 Posts
I got these from TyreLeader, took less than a week to arrive and best price I could find.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts