Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
got some new wheels and tires to go with my 04 sti struts and springs..
sorry, but i never have time to take pictures while its light out. i guess ill have to wait until spring for decent ones

enkei rpf1 17x8 +45
dunlop dz101 255/40/17 :woohoo:

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
nice beefy setup! you should come out to a few NNJR-SCCA etown auto-x events this season, and put the new mods to the test! it would be nice to have a few more foresters out there...

btw any rubbing? i plan on getting some 17x9s and 255s for this season!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cant wait for auto-x to start this season! im still building though.. once my tax return comes in, hello lgt brakes, sti steering rack, and front and rear sways.

as for the rubbing. i havent had anything happen while i was alone. i did however rub while i hit a turn as hard as i could to check for it while my 250 pound friend was in the passenger seat. mud flaps sure do hit the ground a lot though :lol:

all in all, my friend knows some guys at rallispec so im trying to get a good deal on a roll and maybe pull. and i want some stiffer spring rates than the stock sti's, but i dont want to drop it too much more. + sways + the sti rack. and ill be killing it this season. except, not really because i have a lot to learn in the ways of actually being a good driver. i know its different than being a good driver on the street ahah

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ever since i saw some guy post them for sale on a red 04xt i wanted them. i got to bond with them over the weekend because they were in the back of my car for the 48hrs :lol: my only problem is that the 09 sti centercaps i have dont fit :icon_mad: so maybe ill sell them or pop them in the stockers

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
dont get too hung up on over modding the car. while a sti steering rack is an amazing mod, its not the end all be all of handling.. try some whiteline steering rack bushings first, its tighten things up a lil. if thats not enough for ya, get the rack.

a fender roll would be great piece of mind, and will probably eliminate the rubbing you are experiencing. as far as springs go, i run the sti RCE BLACKS and love them. they only lower the car another 5-10mm from the stock sti springs, but stiffen things up considerably.

the best mod you can buy for your car is seat time! come out to an etown event and hopefully theyll let ya do a ride along w/ me. i love to give pointers and watch my buddys improve during the day.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ahah i have the whiteline bushings already, except theyre just sitting in my box at work. when i aligned my car from putting the struts and springs on we couldnt get the right tie rod end lock nut to budge at all. luckily the toe was just in spec, i just wanted it in a little more. and hell, if i can get a brand spanking new rack for 400 through work. its well worth it :rock:
and i really do need seat time. mike paisan said to come on down to njmp sometime and ride in his car. i need to buy a helmet for this season though. any good, yet decently cheap ones?

ohfiveX i thought the same thing. the tires dont bubble out much at all, just about as much as the 215s did on my stockers ahaha

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
gforce open faces can be had for around $100bucks. btw iirc paisan does track events not auto-x. but im sure he'll have a few pointers 4ya!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sounds good to me! ill pick one up before spring. do you ever come down to blackwood, nj at camden county college during the summer for their auto-x?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,170 Posts
no but i might make it down there this season. SJR, specifically NJMP is a hike for me - ~3+hour drive.

i highly recommend the etown road course events, because the venue is unmatched. its amazing, flat and grippy w/ elevation changes. more like a real mini track, def better then the normal parking lot setups!

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Hmm a WRX guy put 245s on the 08 FSXT 17x7 wheels and it didn't bulge much at all.. might have to join this club later this year.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4eat
550 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah they dont look too huge, compared to what im use to.. my co-workers front widebody sti. 17x9.5 with 275 nt03s, that magically spins third on command, via a TMIC.

and speaking of TMICs, picking up an sti one with stock bpv and piping this weekend as a present from my friend as a thank you for driving for the 48 hrs. i guess i gotta start my vf43 build now..::banana:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts