Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently had problems with my Forester's suspension. Both front control arms had bushings that failed, one strut leaking, two axles clicking. When the car was on a lift, you could move the front wheel left or right about an inch or so. You could see the control arms shifting as you wiggled the front wheel, either side. This car only had 58k miles on it!

I never buy the extended warranty, and none of this is covered by the 60K power train warranty. I didn't want to pour a whole lot of money for this repair as it will probably go bad again. My mechanic suggested CarMax. I made it there on the surface streets, as I was not about to drive on the highway at that point.

They gave me the low end of trade in Blue Book which was fine, since so many mechanical repairs were needed.

If you have similar issues, I suggest you SAVE all receipts if you repair this. Maybe there will be a recall at some point.

Some similar stories:

I recently had a contractor do some work on my house. He was driving a 2015 Forester, not an XT. He said he had to replace those same parts. He did his own work and still had the vehicle.

One of my co-workers had a WRX. When I told him about my XT, he had a similar story about his WRX. 2K worth of repairs on the front suspension. He fixed it, but sold the car.

·
Registered
2017 Forester 2.5i CVT
6 Posts
My 2017 2.5i only has 19,200km and front end is squeaking when going over a bump. I am disappointed about the Subaru's quality. My 9 years old Toyota Venza never squeaks and the parts are still original.

The XT is a great car and yours is very low mileage. You may want to get a second quote from another mechanics.

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT CVT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but I've already moved on. Probably should have had someone else look at it, but I trust this mechanic. I didn't even get the total price to repair as it just sounded like too many things. Needed an excuse for the wife anyway.0:) Purchased a Lexus GS350 AWD.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts