Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, guys....
Just bought a 2007 L.L.Bean and the original Yokos are on it. I want to get new tires soon that are good for the interstate (40 miles a day to work and back) yet would be good in Florida sugar sand and mud puddles.

I've been surfing the web and can't decide....too much info. I assume they should be light truck/suv tires. I'm leaning towards Dunlop, Michelin, Continental and others.

I need them for camping in Florida and Georgia this winter.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Rick in Lutz, Fl.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
You can stay in the passenger tire category for the Forester, possibly all-season tires will suit your light off-roading needs as well as your regular driving. I'd suggest reading some of the Tire Rack surveys for some of the tire brands that you are leaning too, if you're going to do some light off-roading, I think an All-Season tire will be a good balance. Also Discount Tire is a sponsor of the Tire and Wheel Forum so check them out. Based on recommendations here I put on Conti Extreme Contacts and am Extremely:chair: happy with them (I have dedicated snows during the winter for my conditions), you might also want to post in the regional forums and get some responses from Georgia members as to what is required for winters in Georgia. I'm sure many will offer their suggestions so check them out as well. Happy shopping.

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
General Grabber A/T's I believe is what quite a few people use.
After some hours of research the Grabbers seem ideal for my purposes. But want to do a bit more research first. I think they will be the final decision. I've had Generals on a few vehicles and have always been extremely satisfied with them in every way. (Ford Bronco 4X4, VW Transporter, CR-V).

I think people don't chose General because they don't cost enough!!

Thanks, Tussen.

Rick

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I'm a HUGE Contiextremecontact fan. They are a great all around tire. Dry, wet, dirt, snow, they handle them all real well. I run them on my XT, and will put a set on the X in the spring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts