Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Forester CVT
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time Subaru owner and new to this form too.
Just purchase my Forester a little over a week ago and am very impressed with it. I'm a big guy and appreciate the roominess of this little SUV. I like the solid feel this car has while being easy to handle. I have a Chevy Duramax that I've been driving for years and have gotten tired of the price of diesel, compact parking spaces and putting useless ware and tear on a truck that is going the be very expensive to replace so I started looking at small SUV to use as primary transportation. I really wanted to like the Escape but its over styling and rocketeer interior just turned me off. In the end nothing was as well rounded and fundamentally practical as the Forester so that's what I got. I must say that I am really impressed by the CVT in this thing, I have read, and heard, a lot of negative comments about CVT transmissions but Subaru did such a good job tuning this device to this vehicle making it quite, smooth and efficient, I can't see it having anything else now.
I only hope this Forester is as reliable and durable as my Silverado is.

·
Registered
2014 Forester limited Cvt
3 Posts
I'm a newbie too with my 2014 Forester being my first Subaru and first SUV; my husband wanted the 2014 due to the cvt transmission and I needed a safer snowy weather drive for my hour commute after this tough winter! Only had Bertha for several days but so far I love her! I enjoyed my 2001 Volvo but it's nice to stop looking up at everyone around me!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free Appja

Jaw923

1 - 5 of 5 Posts