Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I am the proud owner of a steel silver 2010 Forester with Touring Package (sunroof, alloy wheels, foglights, reclining rear seats, (I think this is Canadian version of the Premium package in the U.S.; however in Canada base model already comes with 8 way automatic front seat adjuster and lumbar support, and front heated seats, heated mirrors).

The only quibble I have is with the stereo. It's about the worst I have ever heard; FM sounds like AM. I bought new pair of Kenwood speakers, which have vastly improved the sound quality, at least with respect to playback of CD's. However, listening to the FM is just as bad as ever - as clear as mud. NOt sure whether this is a problem with the receiver or with FM antenna/reception. If it's the receiver, I am not sure whether it's worth while to spend $$ on putting in a new unit and also to ensure that it is integrated with the audio controls on the steering wheel. What has been the experience of other owners who have put in a new receiver - has the FM sound quality improved?

Also, I find that the Siruis satellite radio has slightly better sound quality, but for some reason I can't access all the stations - only about 25-30 stations, which is frustrating. Can anyone tell me why?

Thanks

p.s. any other Canuck newbies out there?

·
Registered
2010 Outback Limited
502 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Pennsylvania and congrats on your new Foz.

I have a 20029 LL Bean model and have the same problems with the stereo. It's probably the worst part of the whole car. I've not done anything with mine yet. I listen to music from my Ipod and live with it. I'm sure others have upgraded their radio's and will chime in shortly. :Banane37:

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
actually sounds like a warranty repair is in order.

regardless of how poor it sounds you should not be having a problem with the stations on sirius.

have your dealer look into it, maybe you have a bad head unit, this also may be what is wrong with the reception on your fm too

but don't think it will be the end all be all.... you will still want a new stereo, but this one is livable for the time being.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts