Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester S
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as the title mentions I am indeed a noob when it comes to these things so I wanted to double check with you guys and see if I am missing anything. After some research I think I have a basic idea of what I need to get. The car in question is a 4EAT 2000 Forester S, and I want to do a full exhaust on it (headers and all). So to my understanding I need the following:
Borla headers (or replica)
Miata oil filter, due to the 4EAT
High flow cat pipe
cat back (which I already have)
I've heard that with some cat pipes on the Impreza you need to extend the O2 sensor? Is this true for Foresters? Also the cat back I have is SPT, from a WRX wagon, will I need some sort of adapter to get this to work with the cat pipe? Any tips for installing these components? (This is the first time I will actually be working on a car, but I'd rather do it myself than pay someone to do it)

·
Registered
2013 WRX Manual
135 Posts
If you wanna keep the subie rumble stay away from equal length headers. Get the brola replicas you will be very happy! as for the rest of you setup im not quite sure but I wish you luck :biggrin:

·
Registered
2000 Forester S
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, and yeah definitely going UEL. So far my brother deleted the stock resonator and put an intake on, definitely makes it much louder but the stock equal length headers are.... well, meh.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts