Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all.
So I have an 06 FXT with basic bolt ons Vf43, exhaust and tune.
166K miles on her and the timing belt tentioner broke. GGGGRRRRR
After looking around at pricing on a used 06 motor and new parts I decided to spend the extra 1000.00 and just build a motor so I don’t have to guess on how it was taken care of.
I’m learning Subaru motors as I go here so if anyone has any input please feel free to speak up.(Unless it’s an opinion on higher compression) That you can keep to yourself .lol :mob:

I have been working with Jeremy at Outfront motorsports to get the replacement parts and he had some ideas on a head swap that would go well with the rebuilt EJ25 I purchased.

The block is a basic EJ25 with Mahle 8.1:1 4032 pistons, Cosworth bearings and OEM crank and rods. (with head it should be 8.87:1.)
The heads for this are N/A JDM Legacy 2.5 AVCS heads. I’m told this head was made for the first year AVCS 2.5 Legacys in Japan and they did not reproduce the heads for other vehicles. This is all info I’m unsure of because I can’t find much on the heads.
Again refurb heads with new valves and seals, 07 STi cams with cam sensor keyhole extended to work with my 06 ECU. I realy like how the casting is gasket matched. lol

If someone has more info on these heads please let me know.

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
why did u not just reuse your old heads? send them out for a clean up and maybe a port and polish if youve got the money, throw some cams in there and you are good to go.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why did u not just reuse your old heads? send them out for a clean up and maybe a port and polish if youve got the money, throw some cams in there and you are good to go.

Very good question and I would have loved to do this but when the tentioner broke I was being a complete moron and it was at about 6500RPM.

Well when the valve decided to make contact it also broke and pushed itself into the dish. (The plug looked kool. Lol):woohoo:

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
so your heads were trashed then. well i was just curious but unfortunately can't help you with your current problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts