Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester AT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there everyone!
I figured it was time I introduced myself to the forum after weeks of lurking around and getting ideas from the wild builds I see around here.

My name is Sam and I am 23 years old. I'm currently living in Corvallis, OR and attend OSU. I have a 98 forester which was a family friends car for the last 8 years but they recently upgraded. After being offered a friends/family discount and helping them find their new legacy I took over ownership of the forester. It is NOT in good condition and will be undergoing a serious overhaul. It is currently running a tired and leaking 2.5 with a external head gasket oil leak along with a slipping automatic transmission. The shocks are bouncy and the paint is peeling in a few areas. I think you are all starting to see the picture I am painting.
The plans are to breath new life into it going strictly DIY. I have never pulled a engine or done in depth motor work so it will be a fun and slow process.
I am going to pick up a 02-04 WRX donor car from a insurance auction and swap everything. Engine, trans, diff, axels, subframe, seats, dash etc...

Anyways, I am a long time car enthusiast with a lengthy list of previous cars. I currently daily drive a 2007 BMW 335i and am a huge BMW nut. Anything from 2002s to F30s interest me but the E36 platform will always stand out to me.
My "baby" and garage queen is a 94 Toyota Supra TT 6-Spd. It had been a dream car since I was 8 years old and I was finally lucky enough to pick one up about a year ago.
Obviously the forester is a little something different from those two but it should be a fun road.

I hope to get to know some of you and learn from the pros!
Sam

·
Registered
2002 WRX Sedan 5MT
592 Posts
Hey dude, this rex with that red wedge and forester. Glad to see you on the forums!

·
Registered
1998 Forester AT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome to see so much Oregon love out here!
I'll wave if I see any of you around! The Corvallis Subaru scene is awesome!

·
Registered
1998 Forester AT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You own one of the greatest cars of our time!
Thanks man! Like I said, it has been a dream car since I can remember. Super lucky to be able to pull the trigger on one. :rock:

You will sell me your TT for $1. *abra cadabra* Darn. Didn't work. Something must be broken. Regardless, that is one clean ride. And I think your town in Oregon boasts the most members here.
haha I can't take it anywhere without people trying to buy it.
:catfight: <-- what I end up doing.

Corvallis has a great subaru scene! Not just pesky WRX/STI guys either. Fozzys, outback sports, legacy turbos mmmm :icon_biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts