Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 2.5 XT AT
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have stock wheels and the car is silver.... Thinking about carrying the blue lighting/accents inside to the outside. Obviously I want something that is going to get noticed but I don't want to look stupid either....

So my options I'm thinking of are...

1. Blue rims with silver/white caliper paint

2. Black rims with blue caliper paint

3. Silver rims with blue caliper paint

Keep in mind I have hella tones and they are going to be painted blue.

Thoughts and suggestions please!!!

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,294 Posts
I think it is a good idea to go with 17 inch instead of the gimmicky 18s.
I like the black rims.

·
Registered
2003 wrx 5mt
16 Posts
I think it is a good idea to go with 17 inch instead of the gimmicky 18s.
I like the black rims.
i agree, the black ones look sharp. that being said, what is gimmicky about 18's? i realize its likely a difference in opinions, but on 09+ 18's look better on the bigger body size vs prev years.

·
Registered
2018 Forester XT Touring
1,323 Posts
^1+ on the black wheels. The blue ones would be sweet as winter wheels though!

·
Registered
2018 XT Touring CVT
1,294 Posts
18s are gimmicky on the XT because it is not heavy enough or fast enough to need them, and limits your choices to tires much wider than needed, and bad for anything except the racetrack.
Also, wide tires do not help handling, shorter sidewalls do. The wider tires give you faster launches on a warm dry racetrack, but slide around more in the wet.
It is a stunt by the stylists, not the engineers.
The XT is not a heavy Escalade, or a Corvette.

On my 2006 XT, I went from the stock 215/60-16 to a 205/60-16, and now have a shorter sidewall, and less unsprung weight, with better handling, both dry and wet. If the XT were a lot heavier, I would not have done that, I would have needed the more massive tire.

The XT does not weigh enough more than the regular Foz to need the more massive, heavier, and worse handling tires. The certainly look better to some folks, but they do perform as well except in some types of racing.

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
478 Posts
18s are gimmicky on the XT because it is not heavy enough or fast enough to need them, and limits your choices to tires much wider than needed, and bad for anything except the racetrack.
Also, wide tires do not help handling, shorter sidewalls do. The wider tires give you faster launches on a warm dry racetrack, but slide around more in the wet.
It is a stunt by the stylists, not the engineers.
The XT is not a heavy Escalade, or a Corvette.

On my 2006 XT, I went from the stock 215/60-16 to a 205/60-16, and now have a shorter sidewall, and less unsprung weight, with better handling, both dry and wet. If the XT were a lot heavier, I would not have done that, I would have needed the more massive tire.

The XT does not weigh enough more than the regular Foz to need the more massive, heavier, and worse handling tires. The certainly look better to some folks, but they do perform as well except in some types of racing.
I am sorry but this doesn't make sense to me... :confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 7 of 7 Posts