Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi to all! Thanks to some good information that I picked up on this forum over the last couple of months, I took the plunge, and am now the proud owner of a Newport Blue 2010 X-Premium! After many years of happy Honda ownership, the allure of the Forester drew me in, especially because I could get one with an honest to goodness manual transmission! I look forward to getting to know more about this captivating vehicle.

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks to all for the warm greetings! The "accessorizing bug" has bit already, with Floorliners, a Hidden Hitch (+ wiring harness), Subaru bug deflector, splash guards, and Momo shift knob all put on order yesterday. I'm so glad to be back in a fun to drive, manual transmission vehicle again! Now if only I can figure out how to get the bills for some serious audio system and handling upgrades past the "finance manager" of the household ...

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

My FXP is my first Subie, as well. I, also drove Honda, Toyota and Mazda before.

Glad to meet a fellow 5MT lover, too. Manuals are getting hard to find, nowadays, especially in awd wagons like the Forester. I love my 5 speed in my Miata and my FXP, as well. So fun to drive, and the mpgs are great.

I, too, have added on a bunch of new accessories. When will it all end?

Anyway, "SKOL!" to you and your new ride!:Banane35:

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Prost" in return, TCARZ! :Banane35:

I too am afraid that MT drivers are a disappearing breed! Evan the latest, greatest Ferrari (I can't keep the models straight, sorry to say) isn't available in the US with a manual trans!

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5XL AT
171 Posts
"Prost" in return, TCARZ! :Banane35:

I too am afraid that MT drivers are a disappearing breed! Evan the latest, greatest Ferrari (I can't keep the models straight, sorry to say) isn't available in the US with a manual trans!
Not disappearing here, but certainly getting getting older (49). My first three vehicles were MT.
My brain still remembers, not to sure about the right hand & the left foot coordination, I haven't driven one in years.
If you don't use it you lose it?
I don't use the sport shift much in my '09, can't get used to it. I still want to shift in the "H" pattern.

·
Registered
2010 X-Premium M/T
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well the first round of accessories have all been fitted: Subaru hood protector, Subaru splash guards, Hidden Hitch (decal removed ... it was WAY crooked!), Weathertech FloorLiners, and the Subaru / Momo shift knob. Last one seems to have shaved two tenths off of my quarter mile times :icon_biggrin:

(Assuming I do this correctly), here are the pics:

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts