Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Forester XS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!
Just bought a silver 2006 XS from the original owner. Car is in good shape with 60k on the clock. Original timing belt, and nothing more than routine service since new. Manual trans. Car is replacing a 2002 Jetta which was by far the most unreliable and costly car to maintain that I have ever owned.

Car runs great and I am continually surprised by the thoughtful touches on this car, and all the storage. Love the monstrous sunroof and the clutch. Stock stereo sucks, though! That will be going soon, and will be replaced by an integrated system with navigation, a couple amps and a pair of 12" subs.

On your recommendations, I've ordered a set of Weathertech mats and a Quality-S Class 3 hitch. I'm waiting for their arrival.

One of the fog light lenses is broken. I need to figure out how to replace that.

My next step is to wade into the technical and maintenance forums and learn what I need to in order to keep this car in top shape. Wish me luck, and thanks for such a great website!

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,703 Posts
Major Woody, welcome to the Subaru family. You had a Volkswagen Jetta that was unreliable? I'm in a state of shock:). Just kidding. Enjoy your new to you Fozzy.

·
Registered
2006 Forester XS
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the nice comments.
Installed the hitch and the trailer wiring over the weekend. The hitch is nice fitting and I think I am going to enjoy the 2" receiver. Wiring was easy. Thank you, Subaru, for prewiring it!

Battery is feeble, I've noticed. I am going to have it tested. Costco has 100 month batteries for a fair price so I will likely go there.

Pics soon

1 - 8 of 8 Posts