Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Audi S4 Black Ed Semi auto
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a new screen fitted yesterday, after a huge wait. Not for the screen, but for the fitting appointment to be set up!!

Anyway, I was surprised to see that the screen was actually an OE Subaru one with the name all over the packaging and the screen, and not a pattern part. :woohoo:

Its not exactly the same as the original, as the black border at the bottom is thinner and the heating elements are not as visible. But it was lovely and clear to look out of last night on the way home.

Only cost me the excess of £60, but I’d hate to think what it cost the insurance company.

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
I had ANOTHER one last week too, after getting 2 fatal strikes in 2 days !!

I'm blaming the **** conditions of our roads with all the potholes everywhere - so much loose **** on the road at the mo.

Cost me £75, but the insurance Co. £2300. Someone is making a fortune at the mo....

:mob:

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts

I'm blaming the **** conditions of our roads with all the potholes everywhere - so much loose **** on the road at the mo.

Cost me £75, but the insurance Co. £2300. Someone is making a fortune at the mo....

2300?! Is that heated? They are taking the pi$$!

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
ROTFLMAO - of course it could be a 'fix', the price overinflated and meaningless just to make it look like your insurance is a bargain, that price would write my scoob off!

Heating elements on my new SF screen are all but invisible (originals were very obvious) but frosty days prove they are working just fine!

Simon

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,572 Posts
I doubt the bill was inflated, if the screen has to be brought over from Japan (but someone mentioned Pilkington do supply heated screens for Foresters IIRC).
It's probably the other way round, i.e. due to silly costs insurance premiums are a joke.

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester Cross Sport AUTO
4,652 Posts
Mine has a huge crack in it as well:icon_frown::icon_frown:

Someone as you say, is makinf=g a fortune out of these crappy roads, and it ain't me.

Regards

AM

·
Registered
MY07 Forester 2.0X, 2.5XT 5M, 4EAT
333 Posts

that is some damage!!! would STI screen be any different than "standard" (heated+green tinge sun visor) one?

·
Emeritus Forum Staff
2015 Triumph Tiger XCx 1 Down. 5 Up.
5,242 Posts
Seems to be the season for it as mine cracked the other day... I best get in touch with the insurance asap before they run out of money!

·
JDM Foz [sold]
2016 Mercedes E220 AMG Auto
4,385 Posts
with the price of replacement vehicle glass you wonder why Auto windscreens went into receivership. What I hear its because the insurance companies arent the quickest payers (no surprise there then!)

The rear screen for mine costs £795 plus vat.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I hope I will get mine fixed... but rang the dealers out of curiosity and was quoted only (has to be said) 605€ part + 120€ labour (ex VAT)

Seems to be the season for it as mine cracked the other day... I best get in touch with the insurance asap before they run out of money!
****e and potholes (that would upgrade any micro-cracks to proper ones) all over the roads...

·
Mad Englishman.
MY06 Forester STi 6MT
4,157 Posts
that is some damage!!! would STI screen be any different than "standard" (heated+green tinge sun visor) one?
I think I actually have a standard one now. It has the green tinge and the heating elelments. Can't remember the original one being green.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I think I actually have a standard one now. It has the green tinge and the heating elelments. Can't remember the original one being green.
they quoted me yesterday for same thing (heated with fringe) 725€+VAT all in...at least cheaper for once in Eire:)!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts