Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Now I can see why everyone is SO excited to talk about their new wheels when they get them...I guess I'm no different!

Motegi SP10 18x8
Toyo Proxes 4

Question for all you: I think I want to drop my car about an inch and it seems everyone is fond of the swift springs. I've looked all over the site and at the majority of the supporting vendors and can't seem to track them down as to where to buy them! HELP!

Hope you enjoy the pics!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
Mann Engineering seems to be the preferred vendor for them.

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports
603 Posts

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
I'd probably just PM him. He has "group buys" occasionally.

They DO seem to be the most popular option. I kind of wish they made an Outback specific spring.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
DB,
The new wheels look great.
I am considering doing Swift springs soon also. Are you going to change the struts or do you have aftermarket already?

Dave

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
DB,
The new wheels look great.
I am considering doing Swift springs soon also. Are you going to change the struts or do you have aftermarket already?

Dave
From what I have been reading on here it seems as though people aren't having any issue with the stock struts and putting new springs with them. If I do a whole new set up though I think the STI strut/spring combo might be the way to go since it doesn't affect the ride height overall too much.

18x8's fit under there without issue?

They look awesome!
Yeah they fit great! No rubbing at all...I spent a lot of time debating over 17x7 or 18x8 and I'm extremely happy with the 18's!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
dbphoto- Looks good! If you want to check out how Swifts ride let me know. I'll take you for a spin. My Swifts were on stock struts, but the rears went bad so I'm on GR2s. STi struts/springs are going to drop you about 3.5", maybe a bit more.

subie 2003- 18x8 fit just fine. It is what I've ran for the past couple years. You can even run a 245/45/18 tire with Swifts, but I wouldn't recommend that wide on an NA Forester.

·
Registered
2016 Forester XT Touring
943 Posts
DB,
Thank You for the response.
Seeing your silver foz really makes me want to speed up getting a new set of wheels and tires.

Thank You,
Dave

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
dbphoto- Looks good! If you want to check out how Swifts ride let me know. I'll take you for a spin. My Swifts were on stock struts, but the rears went bad so I'm on GR2s. STi struts/springs are going to drop you about 3.5", maybe a bit more.
Sounds like a great plan! I will PM you my info and we'll figure out an evening we can get together...SLURPIE RUN!

What size rubbers are you wearing?
225/45/18.. no rubbing and a SMOOTH quiet ride...these Proxes 4s are amazing!

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Just remove that WSU sticker from your rear window and you car will be sweet! :N_poke:

·
Registered
04 Forester 2.5 XT AT
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just remove that WSU sticker from your rear window and you car will be sweet! :N_poke:

I was thinking about removing the Volcom sticker so I can make room for and EVEN BIGGER WSU sticker!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts