Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester XT MT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a good deal on some wheels and tires. Its something a little different haven't seen anyone do this yet. maybe i'll start a trend. I should be putting the rest on tomorrow, only had a few spare min today and was pretty anxious to see how it was going to look. They fit super flush. After i get the rest on i'll put up some pics that aren't from a cell phone.

Can you guess where the wheels came from?

·
Registered
04 Forester XT MT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup they are tc wheels. I work at toyota and couldn't refuse the deal. I'm pretty sure its a 17x7. i didn't weigh them but i can do that tomorrow i'll get have to get the bathroom scale out. I figured an inch more wheel would give me some better tire options. I was thinking maybe painting them a nice gunmetal but they are a bit darker than the factory wheels and i may run with them as is for a bit.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT MT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah 7" isn't the best but it was alot cheaper than the $1400 wheel tire combo i really wanted. I was thinking about running a 235/50/17 on them its basically the same diameter as the stock wheel tire combo.

·
Registered
533 Posts
You need more exclamation marks in your title if you are going to compete in the 'new wheels' thread section of this particular forum.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,758 Posts
I've seen these sold on Ebay for some time now and wondered about fit. Did you have to enlargen the hub or use a hubcentric ring ? They look nice.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,786 Posts
Those are nice wheels. I would attempt getting a set for my Passat if I come across a good deal on them.

Stan

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT Limited 4EAT
2,000 Posts
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! o_O

You need more exclamation marks in your title if you are going to compete in the 'new wheels' thread section of this particular forum.
LMAO

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
I've seen these sold on Ebay for some time now and wondered about fit. Did you have to enlargen the hub or use a hubcentric ring ? They look nice.
You have to enlarge the hub just over 2mm to get them to fit right. They are +45 so they shouldn't be very flush at all if the hub is bored out.

·
Registered
04 Forester XT MT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well after four months $6k in body repairs and $3k in trans work i finally got the wheels put on and gave her a bath. i weighed the wheels the stock 16" with tires were 39lbs the tc wheels with tires are 42lbs.

plz forgive the cell phone pics

·
Registered
04 FXT, 61 Stude
1,735 Posts
Brob did you bore the hub out on them to get them to fit? What lugs are you using? There's a set for sale locally for $200 and I'm thinking of picking them up for winter wheels. I have some blizzaks 225/45/17 sitting around that I'd throw on them. BTW your ride looks great!

·
Registered
04 Forester XT MT
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brob did you bore the hub out on them to get them to fit? What lugs are you using? There's a set for sale locally for $200 and I'm thinking of picking them up for winter wheels. I have some blizzaks 225/45/17 sitting around that I'd throw on them. BTW your ride looks great!
Yeah i did have to bore them out if took a couple of trys to find the right tool for the aluminum. ended up with rotary file on a high speed pneumatic tool. I replaced all of my wheel studs with toyota wheel studs and used the lug nuts designed for the wheels. It was a bit more work than i was expecting but i happened to have like 30 toyota wheel studs laying around so it was cheaper than trying to find lug nuts with our thread and a flat mating surface. I got mine for $60. you should be able to find them for less than 200 that seems a little high for used stock wheels.

·
Premium Member
01 L
250 Posts
I have the same wheels on my SF. old 300z nissan lugs are what I used if memory serves me. I've been thinking about seeing if I could machine the wheels to accept standard "tuner" lugs...would make life much easier

1 - 18 of 18 Posts