Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester Automatic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, after some shopping around on craigslist for a new ride to haul around my 7 month old daughter, my wife and i found a 2003 Forester XS with 136K miles. i was a little leery about purchasing a vehicle with so many miles on it, but it seems solid (and, yes, the timing belt was done at 98K). From what i'm hearing, this vehicle will log many more miles... Looking forward to 'the Subaru experience'. (Who knows, might even drop my allegiances to Honda...)

(will post photos as soon as i figure it out :confused:--could use a little help with this...)

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,883 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Looking forward to the pictures. :wink:

Bobby..,

My MODding Journal

·
Eternal Noob
2003 2.5x
25 Posts
Welcome...I too have been scouring the Philly area for a 2003 Forester.
I just started so I doubt we saw the same car, but......

I am also coming from Honda (Accord Wagon), and plan on hauling around my 20mo old son.

I'm still looking so I hope to see ya around here.

Vince

·
Registered
2007 Forester
185 Posts
I, too, traded a Honda ('98 CR-V) for my '07 L.L.Bean and have not regretted it one bit. Loved the Honda and it was the best vehicle I've ever owned until now!

But I won't drop my allegiance to Honda. Traded in my daughters BMW POS for a '04 Accord. If I had known about Subaru at that time it would have b een a Legacy.

Congrats to your new affiliation!:biggrin:

·
Registered
2003 XS MT
5,522 Posts
Welcome! I have an '03 XS with 120k and have BEAT THE HECK OUT OF IT. Don't worry, I have driven it hard, towed too much, carried too much, and taken it on so many jeep trails I can't remember and it's still running like a clock.

And, since you're in Philly, do me a favor?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease go have a cheesesteak and Yuengling for me!

(Went to school in Philly, good cheesesteaks are near impossible to find here and Yuengling isn't sold west of the Mississippi!)

·
Registered
2003 Forester Automatic
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And, since you're in Philly, do me a favor?

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease go have a cheesesteak and Yuengling for me!

(Went to school in Philly, good cheesesteaks are near impossible to find here and Yuengling isn't sold west of the Mississippi!)

can do! ...think of you next time i'm at Chubby's (forget about that over-publicized/overrated Pat's or Gino's!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts