Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
want to combat underhood temps? heres a nice new product for us stock turbo and larger guys!

PTP just released a new turbo blanket for subaru turbochargers. they are running a deal right now, $70 shipped but it wont last long i believe they have less than 5 left @ this price. i just picked one up!

PTP Turbo Blankets! T3, T4, T6, and Subaru!
PTP Turbo Blankets - (512) 490-6494
(512) 490-6494 | MON-FRI 10AM to 6PM CST

·
Registered
2007 Forester XT
311 Posts
What do other blankets run? I think this would be another great tool to take advantage of. You don't hear too much buzz about them around the forums though.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
turbo blankets and heat wrap always help to combat heat soak, so id imagine this would follow suit. what way would you like me to obtain data? i dont have access to a pyrometer or anything of the like. im hoping i can go my IATs and underhood temps...

i already ditched my spt hot air intake in favor of the stock intake and now im going to throw this blanket on. i have a very strong feeling this will help out majorly, but how much is left to be determined!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thats why i said to hurry! IMHO its still cheaper than the other blankets on the market and a good addition for the person who already has everything...

i want to get some of that gold foil now for the bottom of my sti tmic!

·
Registered
2007 forester sport xt
473 Posts
I purchased one as well. They tried to sell me one for $94. I asked them about the $70 one and I was told it was for nasioc members. So, I told them I was a nasioc member and got it for $70 shipped. I forgot what size I ordered.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
nice beantown, will make a great addition! since you are nasioc member they assume you drive a subaru and sent you the subaru one lol!

yes it will jim! it will fit up2 20g/green setups as well...

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Eh, that's an ok deal I guess. I'm curious how it attaches. You get get them on eBay for less. Just not sure what the differences are.

Oh, and while heat wrap and blankets do help with underhood temps, their primary function is to retain heat in the exhaust system. It is the heat that spins the turbine of the turbos. For maximum efficiency, you want as much heat as you can get. Wrapping manifolds and turbos allows those parts to retain the heat.

In this case heat = power.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
really cus i just searched ebay and they all cost more than the ptp's... infact search turbo blanket, and ptp are the first few that show up! im not talking about those crappy universal tin foil looking ones, while they will all accomplish the same results. these are made specific for our turbochargers not a piece together kit!

they are attached by wire, btw.

PTP said:
Description
Here at PTP Direct, we take pride in our Turbo Blankets. For over 3 years, we strive to provide our turbocharged customers with a high quality turbo blanket they are looking for. Our blankets have been used on stock turbo vehicles all the way up to 1100 HP vehicles without any problems. Even under extreme heat conditions and abuse, our turbo blankets will not fail, come apart, nor fade in color. The PTP Turbo Blanket helps to keep down 1800 Degrees Fahrenheit of temperature away from your engine bay and any near by components. Please beware of competitors on eBay selling Turbo Blankets that undersell us and claim to offer lifetime warranty. PTP Direct is a REAL business with a walk-in store front location that you can contact us Monday-Friday for any help and/or support.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

PTP Direct has received multiple false accusations from one of our competitors here on eBay but they were removed. Our competitor, c00l_turb0_bl4nkets, claimed that our Turbo Blankets are China made and spray painted. This is entirely untrue and we made a special video just for this statement to show all our customers that this person is attacking our product with untrue statements.

Turbos get very hot as we all know. Sometimes they get so hot they can melt electronics and effect the paint on the hood! This is the best, easiest, and cheapest way to keep your turbo from causing any damage to the rest of your car. Turbo heat blanket isolates your turbocharger from the engine compartment, keeping the superheated air where it belongs. Insulating the turbo keeps exhaust gases moving quickly, improving turbo response and retaining boost pressure. The heat blanket works so well in keeping under hood temperature down that you can rest your hand on the blanket without being burned.

The PTP Direct Turbo Blanket Promise or your money back:
- Our Turbo Blankets are made from high quality material.
- Our Turbo Blankets are not made from China or any other Asian country.
- Our Turbo Blankets are not spray painted.
- Each PTP Turbo Blanket is hand made.
- Our Turbo Blankets are used on high horsepower vehicles making over 1000 horsepower.
- Our Turbo Blankets are wired by Stainless Steel wiring.

What is the PTP Turbo Blanket made out of?:
- 1" Ceramic Insulation Rated at 1800 Degrees F.
- Stainless Steel Knitted Wire Mesh Inner Liner.
- Stainless Steel Capstan Rivets.
- Stainless Steel Lacing Wire Fastenin

This product is made to fit the stock Subaru WRX turbos.

We welcome bulk purchases for better pricing. Send me a message about how many you are interested in purchasing.

Contents
# 1x Subaru Turbo Blanket - Color: Black
# 1x Tie Down Wire

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
really cus i just searched ebay and they all cost more than the ptp's... infact search turbo blanket, and ptp are the first few that show up! im not talking about those crappy universal tin foil looking ones, while they will all accomplish the same results. these are made specific for our turbochargers not a piece together kit!

they are attached by wire, btw.

Oops, I just saw the $70 and didn't realize that was including shipping since I later saw a price of $85 shipped.

There are blankets that are cheaper
Universal Turbo Heat Shield Blanket and exhaust wrap : eBay Motors (item 110487801207 end time Feb-28-10 11:34:53 PST)

but they seem to be typical ebay quality.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts