Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone, i am just formally introducing myself - picked up new Forester Ltd w/Media pkg - Pearl White in late february - I am very thrilled with the new ride (which is suppose to be the wife's car), but i have driven it more than her (about 2,000 of 2,200 km - lots of driving in three weeks without leaving the city..). My wife says she can't understand my obsession with the Forester, given that my ride is a 2008 BMW335i . But i think it's the perfect companion to the RWD 335i. While the 335i is a very exciting ride, the Forester is a different kind of thrill and excitement - it serves a different purpose, it's the main "work-horse", the practical car, the car for just relaxed driving especially in inclement weather. I like all the various storage configarations - there is never anywhere to rest anything in the 335. The Forester replaces my wife's 2008 Toyota Matrix AWD. In part because the car is new i guess, i seem to find every opportunity to drive the Forester - neither i nor my wife remember me being so excited about the Matrix - she jokingly says that perhaps i need to replace the 335i with a Forester XT so that i can be doubly thrilled - lol. By the way dealer installed options include roof spoiler, wheel arch mouldings, body side moulding, hood deflector, remote start and auto dimmimg interior mirrors....i will post pics when i can after 15 posts and once i put on my summer wheels. Glad to join the subaru team!

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
Welcome Toronto!
My FXP is getting a roof spoiler, as well. Might help keep the rear glass cleaner, too.

My other car is a 96 Miata, so I know what your talkin about. They both have an important place in my life. : )

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome and never miss a window of opportunity that your wife has just given you.

She jokingly said that maybe you should replace the 335i with a Forester XT. Well just tell her you never joke about your cars and you're going to do it to prove that. It's inevitable, just go with your instincts:icon_biggrin:

So who chose the options?

Cheers

·
Registered
2010 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome and never miss a window of opportunity that your wife has just given you.

She jokingly said that maybe you should replace the 335i with a Forester XT. Well just tell her you never joke about your cars and you're going to do it to prove that. It's inevitable, just go with your instincts:icon_biggrin:

So who chose the options?

Cheers
Thanks. I choose the car, colour & options - wanted the xt, but my wife was adamant about the hood scoop, she opined ..."I do NOT like that thing on the hood...", but she is very excited about "her" satin white pearl Forester.....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts