Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up everyone. Im new to the Forester game. I recently picked up a 2004 forester xt. It ce with some ****** ebay coilovers i quickly got rid of and i stalled the oem struts until i can find a better replacement (looking for recommendations). While looking under the vehicle to check all the suspension components i came across two issues. The front end link. Which i replaced already. And the fron drivers side cv boot is ripped off, like a good 2.5 inch gash on top of the boot. It hasnt started making any noise but it is a bit shaky. Ive been trying for the life of me to get some good information on the whole assembly. Not the cv boot or the just the inner or outer part. I want to replace the whole unit. I called subaru of Glendale (CA) and they dont sell remaned axles, but they gave me part number 28321SA050 after asking me for my last 8 on my vin. I looked this up and seems to be only the inner portion of the axle. So far from what ive read online i should stay away from chinese parts. My question is does any know where i can find updated (from at least 2016 or newer) information on the axle issue. Does anyone know of any us remaned subaru axles. Part numbers for the whole assembly. Basically can anyone help to point me in the right direction? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,764 Posts
@Ish3600 welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

The Google custom forum search is pretty good. :wink:

You can ask your technical questions here: Technical Forums and Vehicle Assistance

Also...
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,764 Posts
so how do i add my location to my signature and all that good stuff?

@Ish3600 follow the instructions below. :wink:
For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Public Profile". Specifically, the "About Me" section (Edit Your Details). This displays every time you make a post on the forum. This will provide information members may need to reply to your forum posts. You can edit this field via the "User Control Panel", aka, "User CP.

If you're using a mobile device, you may need to use a laptop or desktop computer to see all the user tools.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2017 FXT CVT
48 Posts
Welcome, I’m new to Foresters myself but not new to Subaru. I bought my first in 1982. The one constant across all my Subarus is broken CV boots. I’ve recently had good luck with NAPA axels after following some advice given out on the Outback owners’ forum. Good luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts