Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd say hello. Been trolling the boards for a little while looking up info. Seems like a nice place and some good sources for info. I just picked up my New-to-me '04 Red FXT saturday. So far I'm loving it! One question though to those have have had theirs for a while. Does your engine seem to have a noticable vibration while parked and idling once warmed up. Almost feels like a slight miss, enough to slightly rock the vehicle. I assume this is normal because of the opposed piston engine. This is the first suby I've own, but I have had a couple of old air-cooled veedubs and I remember that they used to do that; just not as noticable.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've never noticed this with mine ('04 XT with 22,000 miles). I've seen others comment on it, though, and it does seem to be a fairly common thing. Maybe I'm just lucky... or oblivious.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
welcome its meant to have a rough idle, its a boxer motor w/unequal headers

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
Welcome :) Please check out the link posted you may need to remove the small filters. If you can't see the pics you will need to register on our site but it's free.

·
Premium Member
06 FXT
2,278 Posts
Hello fmlyflyer,

My 06, with 453 mile on the ODO, does that after a spirited run. It's normal, I believe.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts