Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT 5 Speed
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I'm new to the Forum, I picked up a Aspen White 2005 XT Last Weekend from a buddy. It has 190k Timing Belt and Water Pump along with Headgaskets done at 145k. The car has a history for straight highway miles which makes me pretty happy.

Now to where I need a bit a help being it's my first Suby. My friend had a 18g Turbo Installed, Perrin Intake, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Sti exhaust and a eBay up pipe. The car wasn't tuned so I bought a Cobb and also picked up a Sti Tmic. I'm a bit tight on funds and won't be able to afford to get Injectors and a fuel pump for another month or two. I daily the car as of now any thoughts on whether I should do a street tune for now as is or wait and run the on economy?

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 5-Speed Manual
319 Posts
Get it tuned, it will cost you a lot more if you destroy your engine trying to save a few hundred bucks now, but it would also be a waste of money to not install the tmic, injectors and fuel pump before getting it tuned so install those asap then get it tuned if you can wait. Not sure how much street tunes cost where you are, but you might also look into getting an e-tune which will cost less, may not be quite as good as a dyno/street tune, but many swear by them and have had good results with e-tunes... it will be safer than running a modified car on a stock or even economy map.

In the mean time, keep your revs low, below 3k.

·
Registered
2001 Forester STi 6spd with MapDCCD and 535hp
4,708 Posts
Time bomb waiting to go off.

Get. A. Tune. Before it blows the motor sky high. Running all those parts, esp without a tune, is dangerous. Keep the Revs low and dont go into boost until its tuned.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts