Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Forseter S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all greetings from Colorado!

So I'm currently in the process of buying an '02 Forester S off of my buddy who is leaving to join the Navy. This is my first Subaru but I've been wanting to get one for ages. I guess I'd just like to know what sort of quirks (if any) this model may have. Thanks in advance!

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,196 Posts
Welcome! We’re glad to have you here.

You've already done the first thing we ask of new members, and that's to provide an honest to goodness geographical location in your profile. The more fine-grained, the better! This is helpful to all of us in suggesting local sources of parts and service (and offering personal help). The next thing that would be useful is to put the vital info about your Forester into your signature. Year, model, and transmission type should do it. That lets us do a better job targeting our answers to any of your questions, and it makes it so that you don't have to remember to include this info in the text of your posts if you’re asking for assistance or advice.

In case you haven't already come across it, we've got a great FAQ sort of thread called Common problems, need your help! that everybody ought to become familiar with. It will point you to some of the best posts on how to deal with a lot of the more common situations you might encounter. And also look at the stickies up at the top of each forum's listings for answers to many of the most significant aspects of owning a Forester. Start with the stickies here at the New Member Introductions forum for info about Foresters in general and about how this place works.

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Forseter S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks I edited my sig (hopefully correctly). This car is basically a stepping stone towards getting a WRX or STi because I'm getting a very good deal on it so trading it in should actually give me some profit.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,216 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on your pending Forester purchase! Post up a picture when you get it so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,266 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the forum. Becarefull of the mod bug. He is always waiting around the corner to bite!

joe r

·
Registered
2002 Subaru Forseter S
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I was actually wondering how much you can do to these things. I'm pretty much completely new to any sort of car modding and was wondering what a ballpark price might be for getting a forester up to STi level?

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
If you had an XT, it'd be pretty cheap to get up to STi levels. With a model like yours however, it'd require a full swap which would cost you significantly more by comparison.

·
Super Subie Fan
2004 Forester XT 6spd MT (2005 STI)
287 Posts
Hello from Virginia. Have fun with the Subie, they are fun in pretty much any type of weather, and fun to work on!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts