Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been a long time lurker and finally thought I'd post and introduce myself.

My wife & I have had our Forester XT a little over 2 years now (got it just before our son was born) and it's hard to believe we've had it that long already, it still feels new. Other than a rattling sunroof fixed under warranty the car's been extremely reliable. I promised myself that I'd leave it stock until the warranty was up, and now it is! I won't be going too wild with the mods, for now an AccessPort and a catback are in the plans.

So far I've hardwired my V1 (thanks, Peaty for the writeup) and the GeoLandars have been replaced with ContiExtreme Contacts.

Anyway, I've found this site real useful and friendly, and I don't plan on being a stranger here.

-Jason

·
Premium Member
? ? ?
692 Posts
Welcome Jason. Be sure to post some pics of your mods. How do you like the new tires compared with the oem?

Also, I see your Audi is not quite stock; care to list what you've done to it so far and any other plans for your FXT?

Michael

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,053 Posts
Welcome :)

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I certainly plan to post pics! The car's a little dirty to show off for now though ;) I didn't mention it in my sig but my FXT is Java Black Pearl...

I love the Conti's, excellent grip in wet and dry. IMHO this is the tire that should have been OEM for the FXT. I had these tires on a previous car and was impressed with them enough to buy them again. Very reasonable in price, too.

As mentioned in my post I will be getting an AccessPort very soon, probably within the month. Swaybars and exhaust will probably be next but that could be months away. I plan to keep this car for a long time so I don't mind stretching out the projects. Beyond that, I haven't yet given much thought about future mods.

I haven't done a whole lot to the S4, so far just a chipped ECU, boost gauge, and ECS 2-piece slotted rotors. I'm currently mulling over exhaust and suspension options. Eventually I'd like to upgrade the turbos but it involves much more work (engine has to come out) then it does on the Subies. But at it's current Stage 1 it's got a little over 300 hp and over 370 lb/ft torque, I can live with that.

·
Recovering Modaholic
1,306 Posts
welcome to the boards! my boss had a 2001 S4 and recently bought an 05 S4, they move pretty good ;) you've got great a taste in cars!

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
NJAlebrewer, you do know that if you are indeed an alebrewer, you are REQUIRED to send Peaty some samples as a token of your appreciation for all his technical assistance, right?? ;)

·
Registered
2001 Outback
804 Posts
Roo said:
NJAlebrewer, you do know that if you are indeed an alebrewer, you are REQUIRED to send Peaty some samples as a token of your appreciation for all his technical assistance, right?? ;)
Peaty needs testing material for the Kartboy Koaster.;)
Are you a homebrewer or a probrewer??? I've dabbled a bit in homebrewing, I worked for The Association of Brewers in Boulder CO (shipping and recieving) for a while, and I worked for Boulder Beer (now Rockies Brewing Co.) for a bit.

Welcome to the Board!!!:cool:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just brew as a hobby, to pay the bills I work in the IT field. Currently I'm an extract brewer but hope to try an all-grain in the near future. Fun stuff... between this, wrenching on the cars (albeit with limited skills) and playing with my son I have some great channels for therapy.

Of course I'm all but happy to share samples! It's a little hard to ship though, I guess I'll find a way :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts