Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys, well after owning 2 golfs, 2 preludes and a mustang, i have just bought a 2002 Forester 2.5 SOHC as a winter car!!! I have a show car / race car 1992 Prelude with soon to have hopefully 290whp supercharged, but thats not important hehe!!!

The motor in my SF has a blown headgasket....very common ive been reading! Car overheated....now im scared that the heads are warped or fried rings, so i think i should swap, but im having trouble finding a motor!!! does a DOHC 2.5 (jdm ej25) fit??? What do you guys suggest??

anyways happy to be part of a new forum, hope i get some responses!!!

Thanks

Kevin

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
Hi, and welcome to the forum.

To answer your question, I'd simply have the head gasket job done, and be done with it. I've experienced a few head gasket jobs in my time, and the heads are rarely warped out of spec, and I've never heard of a ring problem.

I wouldn't try swapping motors, because at that point, you're going to be in it for more than the value of the car. Seriously, completely changing out wiring harnesses is not for the faint of heart, and could get expensive.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,918 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

I agree. The value of your '02, if you sold it in it's present condition would be degraded. You'd most likely loose money on the sale. I'd have the problem fixed, then sell it if you wanted to move on. :smile:

Like the other posts, post up some pictures so the forum members can look them over. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,205 Posts
welcome from md. To get 350 out of a 02 lude that must be a pretty nicely built h22 and a turbo. I came from a h22a swapped 93 accord with a some nice head work done. Welcome to the subie world and throw up some pics of the lude

·
Registered
2002 Forester
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yup, built motor and a GT3071r....but i aint a typical honda guy...not a civic lover or anything, i used to point and laugh at honda's with body kit! Im more of a clean JDM guy!!!

Hopefully that gives you guys an idea!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts